Getting Caught

Bruce walks until it's dark, searching for Lyla.

"Lyla!?"

He cries out in a tired and sad tone. He runs down an alley where he once met her.

"Lyla, where are you!?"

He stops running and looks around catching his breath.

~~~~~~

"Lyla, wanna go see my apartment I stay at?"

"Sure."

"I'll beat you!"

They race to the grungy apartment.

"Well, this is it."

Kendall says unable to catch her breath, and the first one to get there.

"Let's go in."

"I gotta warn you though, there are violent drug dealers upstairs." They always yell and I always hear them breaking things.

"Pfhhh." They ain't even scary.

"Alright."

"I'm leaving my katana's and knives here on the bed."

"Okay."

Lyla takes her knives and katana's out and lays them on the bed.

"Hey, do they have money?"

"Well yeah definitely, I wanted you to come here because I wanted you to help me."

"Help you steal?"

"Yeah, I usually steal from them, but this time their bag is loaded with so much and they have more people covering so it's hard to go alone."

"Yeah, I'll definitely help!"

"We'll share it together for emergencies or food."

"Whatever you want best friend," Lyla says smiling.

They sneak up the stairs to the apartment above them.

"Man, that was a load of stuff we gave them today." A man says in a deep voice.

"Yeah, you said it." A scrawny, skinny guy says in a high pitched voice.

"Kendall, is there a way to the roof and to access a window?" She says whispering.

"Yeah, I'll show you!" She says whispering back.

They both quietly walk down the stairs and race to the side of the building where the ladder is at. Lyla climbs first and helps Kendall up.

"Okay, I'll go in first, make sure when you go in you be very quiet," Lyla says quietly.

"Alright."

Lyla looks through the open window and sees the guys backs.

"Okay, here's the plan Kendall." I roll in first and then you wait until I'm hidden by the wall on the right. Then you throw a rock to distract them and I go for the money.

"Sounds like a plan."

Lyla rolls on the floor and quietly runs to the right wall.

Lyla sticks her thumb up.

Kendall grabs a rock and throws it toward the guys.

"What was that?!"

Kendall ducts down

"I think someone's at the window throwing rocks in."