𝔩𝔩. 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

⭒❃.✮:▹ TW: mentions of murder, blood, swearing, semi-graphic scenes, etc. ◃:✮.❃⭒

Edith had a strange voicemail left on her phone after being taken out of Nyssa's simulation. She thought it was just Donna leaving her update messages on tracking down Rachel who she'd lost in San Fran. While there were a few messages from Donna the strange voicemail was filled with static and Rachel's distant voice asking for help while mentioning an Elko Diner.

Edith took the messages with her whole worrisome heart and as quickly as possible booked a flight to Nevada where the nearest and only Elko Diner popped up on the map. Meaning the scientist and meta never got to test out Edith's new power limits, or if the simulation even worked.

For better or worse the flight gave her time to catch up on news and to her surprise a lot happened. One news outlet had a segment where they showed a young boy with a black shirt and red Superman logo on his chest have the powers of the man who brought the 'S' crest to Earth. A news anchor speaks over some footage, "Witnesses say that the young man was immune to police gunfire. San Francisco PD has issued a $50,000 reward for information leading to his arrest."

That young man was Connor, meaning he woke up from his deep sleep which really was the only good news. Then there was bad news Edith had to take a deep dive into the news that was being left out of major outlets. Like how behind a church there was a dead mauled body and while it looked like a wild animal that didn't make sense because there was sightings of wild animals for miles.

Once she got her bags into her rented car and was on the dirt road Edith cursed at the air. There was so many things she wanted to do in her break, yet of course things had to change when she touched her phone. It's not like she loved and would drop anything for those she loved and considered family, it's just a lot of shit they get themselves into.

Parking her car Edith gets there just at the same time as another car. The two drivers exit at the same time and in seeing each other were surprised. The girls share a look of surprise before silently walking across the dirt road and then side by side to the stairs leading up to the door

Walking inside the diner a bell rings making everyone in the diner to turn to face them. The person closest to the door stood Rachel, then Kory, and Dawn. Yet what surprised them was that Rachel was actually okay and not in harms way, "Rachel?"

"Is this real, or am I going crazy?" Kory asks raising her hand as she leans on the empty booth table still reeling in from being drunk

"This is definitely real," Dawn looks around the room

"Creepily weird." Edith agrees as it would have been normal for Rachel to have call them but to a diner where everything seemed normal was far from weird considering her confusion