She knows

*At the lab* Kat's POV

"What now?"

Eddie gave me a nervous grin and opened the cases.

"Well we can get the flesh off the bones with this," he held up a container of something . "Then we can say goodbye to Tom."

He handed me a gas mask to protect me from inhaling the toxic fumes.

"This is the easy part. Just remember no body no crime...." As he was about to pour the container onto Tom's remains a knock came to the door. We both looked.

"Mr. Nygma?" It was Kristen. I almost passed out.

"Ye- yes Miss Kringle?"

"I have some files that you gave to me and I was wondering if I could ask you a question?"

"Yes of course one moment" she didn't wait though, she opened the door and gave a disgusted look at the body. My heart was pounding in my head, I held onto the table for support.

"What happened to him?"

"Umm.. Ax"

"Oh I don't know how you deal with this Mr. Nygma. But anyways I was wondering if you have heard from Tom? He hasn't contacted me and I'm worried."

"Oh I'm sure he's fine Kristen probably just the flu..." He pushed her out of the door.

"Mr. Nygma the files!"

"That's okay Kristen we can talk about this later, goodbye!"

Eddie turned around.

"Okay,  back to business"

I was able to breath again but not for long. 

___________________________
After we poured the containers contents on Tom, we were left with only his bones. Eddie held Tom's skull in his hands poking his fingers into the empty eye sockets. He then put it into a bag and smashed it to pieces. 

"Ed I don't feel great." I sat down on the floor. 

"Katherine it's okay. No one will know."

"But what if w-" he grabbed my hands and held them in his own.

"I promise they won't Kat." he helped me up.

Eddie would never hurt me. I know that I just was afraid he would be found out. Deep down I knew that I felt something for him and I wanted to help him. 

"Now we have to make up a reason to why you disappeared Tom...How about a note?" Ed turned to me with a grin.

"Yeah but with what on it?"

"How about, Kristen I need some time with myself I'm leaving Gotham and someday may return please don't try to find me or contact me, goodbye."

"That could work."

After Eddie finished typing Tom's goodbye note he handed it to me. I looked over it and then noticed something.

"Ed you know that every first letter on each sentence spells your last name right?"

"Isn't it perfect? Kind of a last laugh thing!"

"She might figure it out Ed!"

"Trust me she won't even guess."

___________________________
Kat's POV

After we planted the note in Kristen's purse we waited until she found it and talked to us. As we were looking over a case in the lab the door swung open and Kristen appeared in the doorway.

"I just can't believe this!"

"What is it Miss Kringle?" Eddie said as he pushed his glasses up.

"He leaves me a note! That's how he breaks off our relationship!"

"Well if you ever need anything Miss Kringle, Katherine and I are always available...."

"Sometimes with men, you just need a drink. Goodbye Mr. Nygma, Katherine."

She exited without another word. Eddie turned to me with a devious smile on his face.

"I knew she would fall for it!"

___________________________
Edward's POV

I looked at Katherine a smile plastered on my face. Kristen actually believed that Tom had left her...with a note!

"Well we better get back to work Kat." she nodded her head.

"Thank you."

"For what Eddie?"

"For understanding me." she looked away and I knew something was wrong.

 Tears fell down her face. I walked over to her and put my hand on her cheek.

"I promise nothing will happen Katherine." She looked up at me tears filling her eyes.

"I'm sorry Eddie for not trusting you."

"Don't be." I rested my thumb on her cheek. 

"Come on kiss her."

I wanted to but I couldn't, I loved Miss Kringle and finally I might have a chance with her. I took my hand away and walked back to my desk.

"We should probably start working on the new case. Something about some guy kidnapping first born kids , he says that he's the spirit of the goat. Sometimes I feel like Gotham gets crazier everyday."

She wiped the tears from her face. "What about the viper case?"

"It's no longer ours. The detectives are looking for the ring leader who's selling the drugs. Now that they know what viper's made out of, we are not needed."

"Oh, well what's this case about?"

"Harvey had this case a long time ago... apparently some guy thinks he needs to rid Gotham of all the elite first born citizens. We don't have a lead but we do have a prior victim and Dr. Tompkins said that we could analyze this time."

"Oh great more dead bodies..."

___________________________
Morgue *Kat's POV

We finally had finished examining the body and we were taking the notes to Dr. Tompkins. Right when we headed for the door it opened and in came Kristen.

"Mr. Nygma I just noticed something very ironic."

Ed looked at me his brow furrowed.

"What do you mean Miss Kringle?"

"You are aware of the letter that Tom left for me, am I correct?"

"Yes...what about it?"

She pulled out the note from her pocket and opened it slowly as she walked towards Dr. Lee's desk.

"It seems that the first letter of every sentence spells your name..."

"Uh...Really? What a coincidence."

"Yes..."

She showed him the paper pointing out every first letter.

"See N, Y, G, M, A,"

He looked at Kristen's face intensely I stood aside and held my breath.

"Well Miss Kringle that is very odd. I wish I could help you but we must get back to our report Dr. Tompkins needs this right away."

He pushed her out the door again.

"But Mr. Nygma..."

He closed the door and looked at me a nervous smile on his face.

"That was close."

Or did she know more.....

** Yay I actually updated!! Sorry about that guys you know I love you!! Things just got hectic! I will try to update more frequently though. Anyways please tell me what you think by commenting and vote for the next chapter!!! I'm outtie *drops mic**