Run

I looked around the room one more time remembering the details of where it was, I was going to get this sick man locked up for the rest of his life. I walked out into to the room and looked for any other doorway. Finally I succeeded I ripped the door open and ran through. No more dead people please. It wasn't thankfully, it was something I had been waiting for, light. I ran down the hallway towards the light

"Where do you think you're going?"

I looked behind me and saw the Dollmaker, a displeased look on his face.

"You can't leave me yet!"

"The hell I can!"

I ran full speed to the door way him chasing behind me. He caught up with me and grabbed my bad shoulder.

"AHHHG!!" I tumbled to the floor, him grabbing my legs.

"Get off of me!" I kicked him in the face.

It gave me a little more time to try to crawl away from him.

"Stop!"

He pushed me back down his rancid breath in my face. I struggled to push him off but he was heavier than I thought.

"Sweet dreams my dear, we are going to try something different this time."

I felt a prick in my neck and I tumbled into darkness.

____________________________________________________________________________

"Eddie.. wake up."

I felt a nudge and slowly lifted my drowsy head.

"What?"

"You fell asleep, its been a long day you should probably go home and get some rest."

Jim stood above me with Harvey.

"Well what time is it?"

"9:30"

"No, I'm staying until we find Kat."

"You  can't stay here all night!"

"Yes I can just get me some coffee and I'll be fine."

"Okay Nygma, I'll be back..."

I still can't belive Katherine was still missing, who would take her and for what reason?

"Ed, I just thought of something."

I looked up to see Kristen holding a file in front of my face.

"What's that?"

I was pointing to the file above me.

"Remember the file you returned to me."

"Yeah the Dollmaker?"

"Well I was curious after I gave it back to Harvey....the name just stood out for some reason. So I looked into it and found some crazy stuff."

"Like what?"

"Well apparently this Dollmaker kidnaps girls that he thinks are perfect for dolls, from what the file says he seems to have no pattern what so ever with the girls he picks."

"Do you think he took Katherine?"

"It would make sense....but we still dont have his current whereabouts."

"I know someone who could help."

"What did you say Ed?"

"Oh nothing..."

I think it was time to give Mr. Cobblepot a call.

"Kristen you should take these files to Jim and Harvey and tell them everything you just told me. We may be able to get Katherine back."

"Of course!"

After Kristen left I shut my office door and took my cellphone out. I searched my phone for Oswald's number and pressed call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Edward Nygma we spoke earlier, I think I may have a lead on who took Katherine. Do you know anything about the Dollmaker?"

"Nope never heard of him..."

I filled Oswald in and after I finished he was on the move, apparently he had people everywhere and others had obviously heard of the Dollmaker so he was able to give me four definite locations to where she could be at.

"Thank you Mr. Cobblepot, I will make sure Kat calls you when she recovers."

"Anything for a friend."

The smugness in Oswald's tone made me almost jealous that he knew Kat as well, I knew he just was trying to help but Kat was mine and no one else could take her.

"Oh Eddie boy"

"What do you want"

"Oh I just thought you would want some company...."

I looked in the mirror and saw him standing behind me a grin on his lips.

"If you would have just listened to me in the first place this could have all been avoided."

I turned around to look at him.

"You got us in to this mess......if I wouldn't have listened to you Tom wouldn't be dead and I would have Katherine."

"Is that what you really think?"

I made my way to the door ignoring him I couldn't take this anymore.

"Where do you think you're going Edward?"

I proceeded to the door and left the room. I completely forgot about the information on Katherine, I had to get the locations to Jim and Harvey as soon as possible. I had to save Katherine because I knew what would happen if we didn't get to her.

"Excuse me officer Gordon!" Jim heard my voice and searched for a face.

"What is it Nygma?"

"I just got an anonymous tip to four possible locations Katherine could be at."

"I need four squads at the ready to visit these locations, Immediately!!!"

"Thanks Nygma, would you like to go on patrol with me and Harvey because I know you won't go home without knowing Katherine is safe and sound."

"That would be greatly appreciated Officer."

I finally felt a little more at rest knowing we had a chance at saving Katherine.

"Once I get you back Kat, no one will take you from me."