When will it end?

*Edwards POV*
I shifted my car into park and turned off the engine. I grabbed all of the groceries out of my trunk for dinner and carefully made my way to my apartment. I opened the door and was greeted by the green lights that filled my apartment. Green had always been my favorite color, just like Katherine's eyes. I walked to the kitchen and set down the many brown bags I had in my arms. After pulling out all the ingredients for dinner, I got to work.

*time skip*

I looked up at the clock now reading 5:50 Kristen should be here any moment. I looked at the table that I set up, I was proud of myself I felt as though I had finally done something right for once.

'If that's what you really think' I heard him chuckle.

"Don't you dare try and ruin my night"

'Who said anything about ruining?'

My head turned when I heard a knock at the door.

"That's her, so get out!"

'You can't make me. I am you after all.'

I walked over to the door my nerves bubbling within me.

"Hello Kristen! You look beautiful as always!"

'Those words aren't real, stop lying to her'

"Thank you Edward. I brought some dessert!"

"Wonderful I can take it!" I took the box from her hands and lead her towards the table.

"Wow everything looks wonderful Edward! I can't wait to eat!"

She walked over to her chair and I pushed her into her seat. I then grabbed the food and started to dish out.

"So, how was Katherine today?" I could hear an uncomfortable tone to the question.

"She's doing better, the doctors are saying that she is healing faster than they thought."

"That's wonderful, she's probably happy to be recovering so she can get back to work.."  I smiled and sat down.

"Well dig in!"

After we ate we decided to watch a movie. It was some sappy film and it made my eyes bleed.

"You know Eddie, you are so sweet."

"Well um, thank you!"

"No really, everything that you have done for me Tom would have never...." she stopped mid sentence and looked down.

"What it is Kristen?"

"It's just. I realized that I'm scared."

"Scared of what Kristen?" she sighed.

"Tom would always threaten me, he would say that if he saw me with another man...he would kill me. I'm terrified of what he is going to do when he comes back."

She still thought that Tom was alive, this was the perfect time to tell her the truth.

"You don't need to worry about him anymore."

"But you don't know him, he's a monster!"

"Trust me you do not need to worry about Tom Dougherty." I kissed her hand.

"You're sweet, but you are not a fighter you couldn't possibly take him on yourself."

"Trust me, it's been taken care of." she shifted uncomfortably.

"What does that mean?"

"Um, sometime ago him and I had an altercation, I asked him to treat you with more respect."