Chapter Three || The red hoods

"You touch me and suddenly I feel a little less torn. I'm not sure what peace is supposed to feel like but I think it may feel a lot like you".

- anatomy-of-rains on Tumblr

"It is with a humble heart that I accept the trust placed in me by this great city to become your Mayor," Oswald started his last speech for the day

"It is with a humble heart that I accept the trust placed in me by this great city to become your Mayor," Oswald started his last speech for the day. "The people have spoken, and I have heard their call. And as my first act as Mayor, I would like to introduce you to my chief of staff, Mr. Edward Nygma!"

Everyone started cheering, but Ed just stood shocked in his spot. Charlotte placed a hand on his arm and encouraged him to go up to the stage. She had an expression of pride on her face, which caused Ed to snap out of his shock and kiss her briefly before making his way to the stage. Oswald grabbed Ed's wrist and held his hand up while everyone cheered for them. That night, Charlotte and Ed retired themselves to their room after everyone left.

"Chief of staff," Charlotte said with a wide smile as she grabbed Ed's tie. "So respectable".

Ed smiled back at her and they kissed. He couldn't believe just how happy he was with his life at the moment. His best friend had just honored him with a respectable job by his side and he had the woman he loved to share all those happy moments. 'How did I get so lucky?' He thought to himself.

The kiss between them grew more heated after Charlotte let a moan escape her throat. She had missed being this close and intimate with Ed. She started to walk back towards the king sized bed at the same time she pulled Ed with her. Before lowering themselves on the bed, they took off each other's clothes and then Ed lowered himself on top of her.

On the next morning, Charlotte woke up to see Ed laying down beside her. He layed on his stomach while the brown sheets covered his lower body.  She smiled widely and softly caressed his bare back. She found him so mesmerizing. The touch woke him up and when he saw her he smiled too.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she greeted happily. "Ready for your first day on the job?"

That day there would be a parade on the streets of Gotham to show the new Mayor and the chief of staff would need to be right by his side. Actually, the whole week was that way. Parades, making soup for the homeless and offering a new school bus for Saint Andrew's Academy. Charlotte stood with Butch and laughed at his annoyed expression whenever Oswald focused all of his attention on Ed.

During that week, Oswald had someone build a stone statue to represent his mother. Once it was finished, Oswald showed it to everyone on a press conference in the steps of Gotham City Courthouse.

"My mother was the daughter of immigrants. A humble cook," Oswald told the people standing before him and many photographers took pictures of him and the statue.

While Oswald spoke, Butch glared sideways at the chief of staff and his girlfriend. The couple noticed the hateful looks and they both smirked.

"We did not have much, but when she was by my side, I felt loved. Protected," Oswald continued and Charlotte paid attention to her friend, completely ignoring the large henchman glaring at her. "As promised, I have rid Gotham of its villainous monsters. With my mother as my witness, I vow to you from this day forward, every man, woman, and child in our great city will be safe!"