Chapter Fifteen || Prepare for war

"If you seek peace, prepare for war."

I can bring tears to your eyes, resurrect the dead, make you smile, and reverse time

I can bring tears to your eyes, resurrect the dead, make you smile, and reverse time. I form in an instant but I last a lifetime. What am I?

A memory...

Memories were exactly what was going through Charlotte's mind as she layed unconscious on a bed. She had been rescued from the river after Edward Nygma shot both her and Oswald. The movement of her chest as she breathed was the only thing that showed she was still alive. Her mind was in a time far away back when everything started.

Charlotte made her way into the GCPD's Headquarters. It was her first day as a forensic scientist and she was excited to start her new job. It didn't seem like a particularly busy day at the precinct, which was something Charlotte wasn't expecting. It was true that Gotham City was one of the cities with the highest crime rate. However, only a few officers struggled to put perpetrators in the small cells on each side of the main floor. The other police officers just sat quietly in front of their desks.

Charlotte approached an officer who was working at the reception desk

Charlotte approached an officer who was working at the reception desk. "Excuse me," she spoke over the shouts of a guy who was being dragged to one of the cells. The officer, who was busy reading a file, looked up at her with a bored expression. "Good morning, can you tell me where the forensics lab is? Today is my first day".

The cop looked away from her to another paper he had on his desk. "You're... Charlotte Bateman, right? The forensics lab is at the end of that hallway," he told her while pointing at a hallway on the left wall of the police station.

"Thank you," she said politely and he gave her a lazy nod before getting back to the file.

The blonde woman walked down the hallway until she reached the door with the words 'Forensics Lab' written in black capital letters on the door. She heard the voice of a man coming from inside and knocked three times. However, nobody opened the door. She decided to open it to get the attention of whoever was inside. When she opened the door, she saw a man walking around a metal table filled with microscopes and vials with different kinds of liquids in them. A quiz program was playing on the radio and he answered the questions before the contestant could. Once he heard the door squeak, he immediately stopped what he was doing and looked at Charlotte. Confusion took over his features and he adjusted his glasses on his nose. She walked in and closed the door behind her before introducing herself.