22: His Motives

"A date, HE ASKED YOU ON A DATE", Avery squealed as I told her to hush down because her voice echoed throughout the building.

"It's better than him ignoring me", she didn't hear my ecstatic voice and took a seat next to me.

"Isn't that weird, him and I dating while we're married?", I asked her, sharing a constant fear in my mind. I wasn't worried about what others would say, but how would I talk to him about it, like we're married but dating, how does that happen, we're already "commuted until death do us part" so how does this make a difference.

"My mom and dad go on dates all the time, just think of it like you are dating with rings, or just remember you can break up with him any second, just your break up includes more papers", she tried calming me down, which only made me freak out that maybe this was the last straw before he divorced me.

"You're not making me feel better", I chuckled at her attempt to soothe my bothered mind.

"I mean he likes you, so don't worry ", she tried soothing me again, which brought more issues and concerns that ran through the back of my mind.

"He actually likes me, right?", I asked, hoping she would say yes, because I knew I liked him, crazily and here I was questioning his motives.

"Are you kidding me, he adores you", she reassured me and I hoped she was right.

"So you and Tyler?", I asked her chummily, trying to reroute the conversation.

"Tyler, No... No pshh", she said awkwardly, and I had just put her in a state of uncomfortable feelings. I mean her brother's best friend it would definitely make for an interesting story.

"I mean he's hot and cute and respectful and nice-", she went on and on about his looks to his smarts, she seemed to know him well, well enough to come up with a reason for each attribute.

"What is stopping you from dating him?", I asked laughing in disbelief and she chimed in, I think it came as a shock to her.

"We were friends with benefits 2 years ago and then he started getting feelings for me and I didn't want to lose him as a friend and so I called it off and then oh he's still with his girlfriend Miranda from 2 years ago", she explained it to me and I couldn't believe how oblivious she was being towards this situation.

"And where does Miranda live?", I asked doing my regular sleuthing for the day.

"Somewhere in Rhode Island", she said and then she finally realized.

"Tyler made Miranda up, oh my god", she said in between her fits of laughter.

"Why would he make her up?", she asked confused, she knew how could she not, I think she just didn't want to admit it.

"You dumped him, and you moved on without feelings and he didn't, I mean has he ever visited Miranda?, does everyone else know about Miranda, wouldn't you have met her if she was his girlfriend for more than 2 years", a delayed reaction came into play as she paced the room nervously.

"He made her up, Miranda isn't real", she paced back in forth the long sides of the bedroom.

"I like him, I always have, I always will, I need to tell him", she stormed out of the room as I quickly followed her.