39: All Through The Night

The smell of smoke, filled my nostrils as I snapped out from the reality of sleep, I woke up to the eyes that I waited for all through the night, he confidently sat in the chair across from me admiring my body form. He seemed to have stayed awake all night, but he didn't show it. He looked pissed and still almost, but his eyes moved with mine as they trailed along with his clothes he wore last night. I adjusted my arm as my eyes went back to the cancer stick in his very own hand, I knew he was stressed, I could see how uneasy he was, by his harsh look that followed my every move.

I adjusted my eyes as they began to adapt to the shining light from the open windows. I moved my legs to the edge of the couch and adjusted myself as I stretched my back, his eyes followed mine.

"I made strawberries", I said as I got up and headed to the fridge to grab them hoping it would cheer him up.

"Have one, they're even fun to watch someone eat, see", I took the strawberry as his eyes followed my hand moving to my open mouth. He stood up, as I bit into the chocolate-dipped strawberry and he moved closer, I ate the strawberry soundly as he took the stem and the platter away from me and pushed me down on the couch, he breathed heavily on top of me.

His hand caressed my cheek softly, as his body pressed against mine in the worst way possible, he was simply crushing me, did I mind it, though? Never.

He dove into my lips that needed his forever. He was aggressively kissing me and I knew this wasn't the way he wanted this to go, he wanted it to be romantic and loving not aggressive and angry. He kept kissing me, even though he knew I wasn't in it. He moved down to my neck as I pulled his face down to mine and, I looked into those intense eyes, that had told me I was his whole world.

"Why are you mad?", I asked him as he dove for my chest and rested his head on mine as I teased his hair gently, he clutched me tightly, like never before.

"It's fine, and I'm sorry for not finishing until a couple of hours later", I could tell something was still bothering him, but I knew what kind of man he was and if he said he didn't want to talk about it then, it was best to not ask.

"It's okay", I ruffled through his hair as I felt his lips under my exposed t-shirt and as he began to kiss my neck, I wanted to hide immediately. I had faded scars
running down my chest and my back, from years ago and he hadn't seen any of them before, I had made sure of it.

"I love you, you know that right", he said as he faced me and I continued to play with his scuffed up hair, he seemed calm as he laid on me.

"I can help you, you know that right", I told him as he nodded and laid there silently as I went back to sleep.

"Natalie babe", he cooed as he played with my hair softly, I turned around to find him fast asleep as he snuggled into my figure and he kept his head dug into my neck, I tried to sneak away as I check the time and it dawned 9 in the morning.

His hands held me close as I kissed his soft lips and he began moaning aloud, I didn't want to hear the rest of this dream, I closed my eyes and covered my ears, knowing that another girls name was going to come out of his lips, but all that came out was "Nat", which I hoped to god was me.

I slipped out of his hands as I ran him a bath and picked him a newly pressed suit, I climbed back into bed feeling the warm arms crowd me again.

"Nolan, you have work", I kissed his cheek as he woke up and smiled at me as he brought me back into bed, he rolled over me, so that I was on top and he held on.

"You're my work, today", he spoke sleepily as I heard him mumble the words that came out of his mouth I kissed him again and he finally woke up, with a bright smile on his face.