40: A Man's Needs

His gaze dropped to mine, suddenly as I was lost in his eyes, that had shown me another side. Alison crept out of the kitchen and Avery followed us leaving me uncomfortably searching the ground, instead of facing his fiery eyes. yes

I fumbled with my hands as I shyly brought my head up as I saw his eyes shooting cupid arrows across the island.

"Outside", he pointed as he stepped out, and I followed him. He cracked the door open as he sent the guards in the area away giving us the privacy we deserved, he led me to the treehouse, the treehouse, where I had shown my trust in him, but right now it lacked.

I followed him as he climbed on the shaking ladder, he went up gracefully. He sneaked glances, to make sure I had made it alright, I pulled myself up and he took my hand up.

We stood there, lost, stuck. Until the first words flowed out of his mouth, his calming voice not in rage made me feel safe and secured.

"I'm sorry", he pleaded as his eyes locked with mine, his eyes wandered my face looking for emotion, looking for anything to let him know that we were okay.

"I'm sorry, too", I looked down as we stood at the entrance looking for a distraction, we had never been this awkward together.

"Baby, it's not your fault, I'm the one who said those awful things to you and I didn't tell you when I should've", he apologized as he caressed my cheek, I looked down at his firmly polished shoes, and his perfect suit, just like this morning, everything in place.

"I get it, it's fine it was work it had nothing to do with me anyway", I looked back as I smiled at him sincerely as his face slipped from sweet to mischief.

"Well, I..", he looked around the room as if he felt responsible in a way as I stood there feeling as if I had overreacted just to make a fool of myself.

"Nolan", I raised my voice as he tried to find the words to say that I was involved in some way and I wasn't ready for it.

"Someone is taking money from our accounts and putting them in an off-shore account under your name, they have all of your information and they sent us threats", my head became blurry as I imagined who would've done this, who would've had the opportunity and the resources to do all this.

"Why didn't you tell me?", I shrieked as he tried to calm me down in a silenced way, as he brushed my locks of hair behind my hair.

"I just thought I could figure it out on my own and you didn't need to know", he should've told me, and he knew it too, deep down he knew he should've told me that someone was using my name.

"It's about me, and you didn't have the decency to tell me", I asked him as I adjusted my shoulders showing confidence.

"I'm sorry, I knew it would worry you", he was right, and yet again he was right. It wouldn't have only scared me but sent me up and down the coast checking in every now and then for my checks with Daniel. He wouldn't do this, or would he. He has money, enough money, he wouldn't need too.

"Do you know who", I asked knowing it was best to move on and to figure out how to take back my life, I didn't want to be controlled in every aspect, I was controlled enough.

"We need your help, you know your life better than we do, and well things aren't matching up", he informed me as he sat down, I agreed to help him, knowing he must've been worried about his company as well.

"Just promise me one thing", I asked him as he smiled at me as he held my hand gently, and caressed my cheek with his other.

"Anything", he kissed my hand as those butterflies were revived and flew like a tornado in my stomach. His kiss was gentle, but mischievous leaving me wanting more.