41: All This Time

My life had changed in simply a week, and it was crazy, Nolan and I decided that we should stay at his mom's house, and every night it was a party. We both worked from home clinging to each other every moment we had gotten, and the party of the year had been moved to the next week after, or when we found out who was behind all of this.

I helped with the finances and a little with the case and today was just the beginning of this crazy rollercoaster we were on.

"Baby, It's time to wake up", a calming voice next to me kissed my neck. His warm kisses woke me up as his cold hands flipped me to face him.

"Good Morning", He said as he kissed my chapped lips, and made them soft. He kissed my forehead as I adjusted to the bright sunlight from the window.

"I made pancakes", he said as he brought over the tray filled with pancakes, syrup, and topped with blueberries and strawberries. This past week he had been doing everything to make me happy, that most of the time it scared me. He was trying to be perfect all the time, but I didn't need that.

"Thank you, who knew you were a cook and businessman", I winked at him as I gave him a fork, and we both ate as he brought the tray table to the side as he climbed underneath me and I snuggled up against his chest, we both ate together soundly, no words just the occasional description of how good the pancakes were, all from me by the way.

His pocket lighted his up as rings and dings, filled his pocket, he took out as his phone as he leaned back as he contemplated whether to answer it.

He picked up the phone as I heard a stern voice from over the phone, I wouldn't listen in as we had learned to trust, not snoop, only together.

"Employee at Ocean Shores, no way, can you run the list see who's a techie, they just had their software updated maybe an engineer", he suggested. I began eating the pancakes as my own phone began ringing, I guess I had brought it all along, I moved the table and ran to answer my phone. I answered the phone as I heard horrific crying in the background.

"Can you c...come pick me... up", a stuttering Avery whispered on the phone, I assured her I would be there as soon as I could, and she hung up as I began to become worried. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and pushed them over my tight shorts, I kissed Nolan's head as I grabbed the keys from Nolan's pocket as he inches for them back.

"Where are you going?", He asked as he put the phone over his hand and I grabbed for the keys a second time as I was not putting up with his drama.

"Avery's upset, and no she doesn't need brotherly love", I said as he laughed at my joke and handed over the keys, I said bye to a frantic Alison as she sorted out her party details. I ran out the front door and found the black SUV, as the others followed behind me sadly, I would never be alone.

Avery texted me the address, as I had recognized it from somewhere, it was the sweet, quaint coffee shop, we had been at where we met Cole. I drove as fast as I could, hoping she would be okay, to wait.

I finally arrived as I hopped out of the car and followed in, but just as I reached for the door handle a hand stopped me and pulled me to the side of the building.

There Avery stood as mascara dripped down her cheek and she wiped it away as she hid under her baseball cap. I hugged her as she cried deeply into me as we stood in the alleyway.

"Honey, what's wrong", I asked her as I hugged her, and she just hugged me back, and breathed heavily against my back. She was distraught, standing and watching she was clearly paranoid, of what was the true answer.

"Cole's cheating on me", she sniffed out as she held on to me. I felt her pain and what hurt me the most was it was here, and she had seen it and had no one to help her go through it.