Chapter 13

[(Y/N)'s POV]

"Let me get this straight, you're Riddler's daughter?" Damian asked.

Ugh! Why did I tell him?! I thought I had trust issues, yet here I am spilling the beans to him.

"Yes" I reply after I had calmed done from crying.

"A-Are you sure?"

"Would I make something like this up?" I countered him with a scoff.

"Sorry, it's just hard to believe"

"But then that explains why you had the highest grade in your math test" He adds.

Actually, that was because I learned math from being an assassin. Being an assassin meant having the right calculations.

But I guess he does have a point to my intelligence.

"I still have to take a DNA test, though"

"But I don't know what I'll do if it's positive" I sighed and laid my head back against the bench.

"Wait, how are you sure he's your father?"

"When I was little, I was told this riddle and I didn't know why I had to memorize it"

"Turns out it was because..."

°Flashback •°

"Why did you tell Talia to make me memorize the riddle?" I ask.

"I knew I was going to see you again, whether I was going to come for you or you were going to come to me" Riddler replied.

He had his orange suit as he sat calmly in front of me.

"Why didn't you just take me in?"

"Why did you leave me for adoption?" I rephrase.

"Sweetheart, I didn't" He quietly stated.

His tone suddenly turned to a sad one,

"Batman found out about you and took you from me. Saying that it wouldn't be safe for you to be with a villain"

"He said he found my best friend to take care of you with his wife. About 10 years later, I found out he died along with his love"

"I was worried about you. I wanted to know if you were okay. I wanted to see you"

"However, I was at Arkham at the time. Batman only told me that you were okay"

"That was until I found out that Ra's took you in. So, after getting out of Arkham, I spoke with his daughter"

"She said she'll have you remind you of the riddle if I stayed away from you"

He laid back against his seat,

"(Y/N), I'm really sorry, I hope that you can find within your heart the chance to forgive me"

"I'll think about it" I closed my eyes for a brief moment before opening them and looking at my father's eyes.

"What about mother?"