Chapter 21

[Third POV]

After yesterday's little romance, (Y/N) got up early to take the bus and go to school.

She used to walk to school since her old apartment was close, but now she had to take transportation.

Damian felt a bit better and wanted to get out of bed to go to school and see (Y/N). However, Alfred insisted on him staying in bed.

He was right. Damian took a few steps of the bed and ended up falling down because of the headache he had.

But he wanted to see his best friend. He asked Dick what happened yesterday, and he replied,

"Well, you were sick and Tim convinced (Y/N) to come by and save you"

"After that, we left you two alone, so I don't know what else happened between your alone time with her"

Jason teased and added his comment,

"They probably had some fun" he emphasized the word 'fun' with a smirk.

Damian only groaned and rolled his eyes off. How he wished he can just get up and pounce on him to hit him.

What calmed him down was when his mind wandered off to the light of his life.

(Y/N)...

He wondered how she was.

At this very moment, she was answering an invitation to drink coffee with her new friend.

"So what do you say?" asked Luke.

"Okay" she smiled.

Lunch started and they walked outside to a coffee shop.

They had ordered their drinks and were drinking while talking.

They had this one interesting conversation when (Y/N)'s eyes focused on the news reporter on TV.

"-the people are worried for their heroes. Robin and the new vigilante (Y/H/N) have been missing for quite a while"

"We've been asking Batman and he says they're all right. But how do we know this is true? And will they ever be back?"

(Y/N) looked down on her drink as she sighed.

"New vigilante huh?" asked Luke.

"Yea she's... cool" she tried her best to pretend that she's a fan of her.

"When I moved here yesterday, I didn't know Gotham had a new hero, do you mind telling me more about her?"

(Y/N) didn't want to talk. She felt that if she spoke, she might slip up the fact that she's that particular hero.

So she changed the topic instead,

"You moved here yesterday?"

He stayed quiet with a calm face for a second before smiling and speaking,

"Yes. I was quite fond by this city. I wanted to know how it felt like to live in danger"

(Y/N) was confused by his words but she just laughed it off.

It was almost time for class so they quickly drank their drinks and left after paying the bill

============================

(Y/N) had just finished saying her goodbye to Luke before walking to the Manor.

She didn't know why. Was she really trying to check up on Damian?