First and Last Prt. 3

Author's Note: Hey guys! So awhile back I wrote a couple Jonathon Crane imagines, and tons of people requested a third, so I decided to finally do that. If you want a refresher, you can always go back and read the ones from before. Also there's a bit of Selina in here since somebody mentioned wanting some imagines with her. Maybe I'll do some entirely centered around Selina in the future (sorry if you aren't attracted to girls lol I'm not but oh well)! Anyway, enjoy!

Jonathan x Reader

     It had been months since Jonathan Crane was injected with liquid fear. Months since he woke up in that hospital bed calling your name. But it felt like an eternity since that time you kissed at the park. Since then, he has twisted and warped into almost a whole new person, the fear planted his brain taking charge of what Jonathon used to be.
     You two live together now, in an abandoned apartment, practically on the streets. It's not an easy life, but, as you wake up each morning, you tell yourself that at least you're not alone.
     The lie begins to seep through sunken days when Jonathan is at home alone. It seeps through times when only you are in charge of supporting both of you. It seeps through and breaks your heart on nights when Jonathan wakes up, screaming in pain and terror, or muttering in his strange things in his sleep, chants or wonderings about...scarecrows...
     Tonight is no different. Tonight, even you don't have the energy to wake up Jonny was he stirs in the room across the hall. Instead you slip out of the apartment and step out into the moonlight. Stars twinkle faintly down from the sky, barely visible in Gotham's city lights.
     Suddenly, a presence slips up next to you from the shadows. It's Selina. She stands with you and gazes at the sky, saying nothing. The two of you are frozen like that for a few moments, caught up in the nothingness. Then you speak to your friend.
     "Jonathan's at it again."
      Her cat-like head turns to you, eyes twinkling despite her dark presence. "You're not responsible for him, you know."
     You look down, a little uncomfortable. "I know, but..."
     "You love him."
      "...yeah."
     Selina's nod tells you she seems to get it, in her own way.
     "What do I do?"
     "Maybe you should help him face his fear. Haven't you tried talking to him?"
     A sigh escapes your mouth, brushing your dry lips. "I suppose."
     Selina shifts a bit and grabs your hand. In it, she places something warm and soft, clasping her fingers around yours for a moment before releasing them abruptly. "Here, it's yours."
      Curiously, you open your hand and realize you are looking down at a rattly old scarecrow doll. "Cat, what-?" you begin, but look up to find nothing but a flickering street lamp,and no sign of the girl. Selina must have slinked away while you weren't looking.
     The scarecrow smiles up at you and you know what you have to do.

     "Jonny." You shake Jonathan awake. "Hey, listen..."
     "Y/N..." he stutters, "what's wrong?"
     "Nothing, I just...I want to talk." You fiddle with the scarecrow doll and watch the moonlight spill out through a broken window.
     Jonathan sighs, his eyes already shining with gentle tears. "It's about the fear, isn't it..."
     "Yeah, it's about the fear. I wanted to show you something." You place the doll on the bed next to him, and he flinches, giving you an unsure look.
     "Remember when we used to meet each week at the park? And talk to each other about the things that hurt us?"
     "Yeah...you told me about your abusive parents, and I...it's where we first kissed."
     The memory makes you smile, and you let him finish. "Things were different then."
     "They can still be that way."
     "No they can't...I-I'll just ruin things again."
     You stand up. "Jonathan, this isn't - none of this is your fault! Your dad did this to you, remember?!"
     He turns away from your eyes. "Y/N, things aren't going to change."
     "But don't you see?" you gasp, taking his hand, "things can change. We can get through this together."
     Jonathan turns his head straight at you, a strange look in his eyes. "A nice thought," he says, "but Scarecrow always prevails."