Savior

Harvey Dent X Reader

A few months ago, you had began dating a lawyer named Harvey Dent. Though you didn't know much about his past, you knew he was sweet and intelligent and hard working. That was the man you fell in love with. However, he had a darker personality lurking on the other side.

Something happens when you are leaving the movie theater one evening, as the sun is just lowering in the sky, between light and dark. On the sidewalk far in front of you, a man approaches. His walk is slow stagger.

Harvey gently squeezes your arm in assurance. You two continue along the path in hopes that the man would pass without a word.

However, he stops dead center and begins eyeing you up and down. When he speaks, his words are slurred and dangerous. "Hey, sweet cheeks."

Looking away, you tug on Harvey's sleeve to try to go, but he won't move. There's this funny expression on his face that you haven't seen before.

The drunk man lets out a foul laugh and spits, "What, need your boyfriend to save you? How about you and I-"

In a flash, Harvey raises his fist and swings at the drunk. "Don't you EVER speak to her like that, I'll tear you APART."

As your breathing slows again and the aggressor falls to the ground, Harvey grabs your hand. Immediately, you pull away.

"Y/N, what...? I just saved you."

He did save you, but your head is spinning, image of your boyfriend shattered. "No, you're right, I just..."

"What?" he asks aggressively, shutting you up.

"Nothing."

"I"ve upset you...I'm sorry."

Tears are forming in your eyes now, and you lean against him, giving in. "It's okay."

Maybe you could learn to loves both sides of Harvey Dent.

Author's Note: Requested by riddlvr - hahaha I hope I didn't ruin this by making it too dark. That sounds like me,,,,, Anyway, Gotham returns tonight, and in celebration, I'm releasing two chapters (both requests)...may or may not be because I feel guilty about not updating frequently. Don't forget about me please!