twelve

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER TWELVE:
NO GOOD BYES

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

          → OCTAVIA OUT OF THE elevator doors, tossing her bag to the side. dawn walked out from the hallway. "hey." dawn said.

"hey..." octavia replied.

"how was your session?" dawn asked. octavia sighed, running her hand through her hair, "fine.."

"you holding up?" dawn asked. octavia nodded, "i'm better."

"i'm proud of you, octavia." dawn said, putting her hands on octavia's shoulders, "you've made great progress."

"yeah." octavia said, looking down.

"hey," dawn said, cupping octavia's face, making her look back up, "i mean it. you're so much better now."

"i know it doesn't feel like it, but you really are better. i've never seen you smile so much like you did at garth's party." dawn said.

octavia nodded, smiling weakly. dawn smiled and hugged octavia. octavia hugged her back. dawn pulled back and looked at octavia again, "if you ever need someone..."

"i know where to go." octavia said. dawn nodded. dawn smiled and walked away. octavia turned to watch dawn walk away.

octavia turned back around and walked into the kitchen. she opened the cabinet above the sink and grabbed her bottle of rexulti.

"hey." octavia looked over her shoulder at her brother, "hey." octavia replied, opening the bottle.

"when did you get back from therapy?" dick asked. "a few minutes ago." octavia answered.

"i could use your help. if you're up for it." dick said.

octavia took out two pills, "yeah. i can help." octavia placed the bottle down and swallowed one pill and then the other.

"you need water?" dick asked.

"i'm fine." octavia said, closing the bottle.

"what do you need help with?" octavia asked, putting the bottle back into the cabinet above the sink and closed it. octavia turned around and leaned against the counter, "any leads?" octavia asked, "on jacob?"

"uh.. no. that's what i need your help with. but if you want to rest—"

"i don't need rest, i just want to catch this guy..." octavia said.

"you sure?" dick asked. octavia nodded, "yeah."

——

dick and octavia walked down the halls and garth walked up to them, "just the siblings i was looking for." he said.

"find any new leads?" dick asked.

"no. could use a little advice though." garth said, "about donna."

"not sure i'm the right guy to talk to." dick said.

"oh, right. i'm sorry. i probably shouldn't ask the guy with the whip smart beautiful blonde girlfriend." garth replied sarcastically.

"right time. right place." dick replied, "after dawn's crash and burn with hank, she probably just needed someone to fill the void."

"oh right, cause dawn is the type of woman who just can't live without a man." garth said.

"my sarcasm radar is going off right now." octavia said.

"and i am like a love sick christian trying to get roxane to look my way." garth said. dick and octavia were silent.

"cyrano de bergerac." garth said, "i thought bruce made you two read the classics."

"if it wasn't about power or domination or suppressing our emotions, bruce didn't have us read it." dick said.

"look, garth, you want my advice, donna troy doesn't get thrown. ever. but since you got here.." dick trailed off.

"yeah. so what do i gotta do?" garth asked.

"nothing. it's like fighting a car engine. you keep pumping the gas, the more it floods. take your foot off the petal and wait."

"i've been waiting for donna troy since i was twelve." garth replied.

"what's a little longer?" dick asked. dick turned around and pulled out the chair, he looked back at garth and smiled. octavia shook her head slightly and sat down on the desk.

shortly after, donna walked into the room. dick looked over his shoulder, "i bet your ears are burning."

"i know." donna said, "i saw garth leaving." octavia moved over and donna leaned on the desk next to her. dick turned in his chair to face them.

"even if i wasn't liberated to tell you what that was about... which i'm not... i'm pretty sure it's nothing you don't already know." dick said.

donna nodded, "we need to talk."

"he's right down the hall." octavia said, pointing out the door.

"i meant the three of us." donna said, "i went to see julian. about my time here."

"again?" dick asked, "i thought she was the one that said you deserved time to explore your independence. she sanctioned you."

"shine giveth. shine taketh away." donna replied.

"she's pulling you?" octavia asked. donna nodded, "she changed her mind. i need to go back to themyscira."

"when?" dick asked.

donna paused, "tonight."

octavia and dick looked at each other. "bullshit." dick said. "you need more time here." octavia said.

do you want us to talk to her?" dick asked.

"no.. she's thought it through and this is how it has to be." donna replied.

dick sighed, "you need to tell garth."

"i know. i just... need the right moment." donna said. dick leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms, "so.. i guess this is—"

"no, no, no." donna said, "us... no good byes." the computer suddenly beeped, "you got a hit." donna said.

"from the us military?" octavia asked.

"jacob's activator was for a laser that was developed to take down nuclear missiles." dick read off the screen.

——

the titans were all suiting up in the armory to get ready for the mission. once all six of them were done, they walked down the hall, sharing information about the mission.

"there's new intel on the military cargo shipment." dawn said, "they're loading up at 21:00."

"oh great. just what we need." hank said, "less time."

"if dr. light gets his hands on that laser, he'll be walking nuclear bomb." dick said.

"dramatic." octavia said softly.

——

the new episode got me like
NIGHTWING ?!!!