thirty two

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO:
I LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR
THREE YEARS AND
EVERYTHING GOES TO
SHIT

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

PORTLAND, OREGON

octavia hesitated, lifting her hand to knock on the door. octavia slowly knocked on the door and backed away.

the door was opened by a woman, around octavia's she opened the door. her face fell at the sight of octavia.

"hi..." octavia said softly.

octavia fanned the toaster as the smoke alarm beeped in the background. "need some help?" octavia turned around, "good morning, kathryn." kathryn reached up and disabled the smoke alarm.

kathryn smiled and walked up to octavia, "you gonna burn the house down?" she asked.

"i tried to make breakfast." octavia said, smiling.

"and how did that work out for you?" kathryn asked.

"uh, well... i tried to make eggs but i burned them. and i... uh.. burnt the toast too."

"didn't alfred teach you to cook?" kathryn questioned, putting her hand on the counter, leaning on one hip, smiling at octavia.

"i didn't say i was good at cooking..." octavia replied.

"so.. when are you heading back to the manor?" kathryn asked.

"bruce gave me until monday. it's saturday. why are you really trying so hard to get rid of me?" octavia asked jokingly.

"cause you nearly burnt down my apartment." kathryn replied. "true..." octavia said softly.

kathryn smiled and pecked octavia on the lips, "move and let the real chef cook."

octavia laughed and moved out of the way and let kathryn cook the two of them breakfast.

kathryn stared at octavia. "kat—" kathryn slammed the door. octavia sighed.

"kath... i... i'm.. i'm so sorry." octavia said, walking up to the door, "i know it's been three years since we last saw each other.. and i know what i did. but-but i just feel so alone right now and i don't know who to trust or who to go to. i know i hurt you. and..." octavia sniffled, some tears forming in her eyes.

"and i understand if you won't open the door. and i understand if you just want me to leave and never... never come back." octavia continued.

after a moment of silence, octavia turned and walked down the stairs. kathryn turned around and opened her door, "you are three years late, octavia grayson." octavia turned around.