thirty six

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX:
I'M GONNA HAVE TO
EXPLAIN THAT TO DICK

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

THE TRIO WAS SILENT when the computer system beeped.

"security alert. zone two, downstairs entrance."

gar opened his laptop and opened up the live feed. "hello?" gar asked. octavia observed the screen and there was no one there.

"who's there?" gar asked.

krypto barked and jumped in front of the camera. gar smiled, "krypto."

"smart dog." kathryn said softly. gar left to go let up krypto. octavia knelt down and opened the cabinets.

"what're you doing?" kathryn asked. octavia reached her hand into the cabinet and grabbed something resting on the roof of the cabinet.

"octavia?" kathryn asked.

octavia drew her hand back, revealing a green gem resting in her palm, "kryptonite." octavia said softly.

"where the fuck did you get kryptonite?!" kathryn asked softly.

"bruce knows a guy." octavia said, standing up and tossed the kryptonite in her hand.

"what the fuck—"

"guy!" gar yelled, "krypto's gonna take us to conner. let's go!"

"emergencies only." octavia said, putting the kryptonite in her back pocket, "i promise."

——

conner walked around the open court, looking around at the food carts. krypto ran up to him and barked.

"great. dumbest dog ever." conner said.

"who could ring a doorbell with his nose." gar said, walking up to them. octavia and kathryn stayed back as they talked.

conner looked over at them, "who're they?" he asked.

"octavia grayson and kathryn harlow. don't worry. they're one of us." gar replied.

"you should stay away from me." conner said. conner walked away and gar followed. octavia moved along side the court, watching them from a distance. kathryn turned her head and watched her.

"what you did to those cops. you messed things up for a lot of people. including me." gar said. "i think i deserve an answer. what the hell happened?"

"when you invited me to become a titan, i told you what i was." conner said, "you didn't listen—"

octavia appearing in front of them, "you're right. he didn't listen." octavia said.