forty five

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE:
I CAME TO PAY MY
RESPECTS

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

          → DICK WALKED OUT from the elevator, holding donna's body in his arms. octavia followed behind him. dawn and hank exited the elevator, followed by kory, gar, kathryn, rachel, and conner.

while everyone was mourning the loss of donna troy, dawn walked into the armory, holding donna's belt in her hands.

dawn knelt down in front of donna's space and left her belt there as a memorial.

gar was sitting alone in the training room. rachel sat down next to him and hugged him.

octavia stood alone in her room, holding her phone in her hands. octavia sighed and dialed a number she hasn't touched in what felt like years.

and of course, it went to voicemail.

"hey... it's me." octavia said, her voice shaky, "i know we aren't on speaking terms... but... something bad happened. donna... donna's dead." octavia exhaled shaky, fighting back tears, "her funeral's gonna be at the airport. uh... just show up. you don't even have to say a word just... be there."

octavia sighed softly, "please... if not for me then for donna. she was your friend too."

dick gently knocked on her door, "octavia, you ready to go?"

"i have to go. so... uh.. i hope to see you there, jason." octavia said. and she hung up. octavia finally let a few tears fall. she wiped her eyes and opened the door.

"let's just go." octavia said softly.

——

at the airport, octavia watched as dick handed the amazonians donna's lasso. dick gently touched the top of donna's casket and walked back next to octavia.

the titans all stood in a line as they watched the amazonians load donna's body on the plane. octavia looked to her left and saw jason on the side, watching the funeral.

jason looked at her and the two of them made brief eye contact before octavia turned her attention away from him.

dick shared a word with the amazons and a moment with rachel. she was going with the amazonians back to themyscira to work on controlling her powers.

by now, the other titans have gone back to the cars, waiting for dick and octavia so they could go back to the tower, leaving octavia and dick alone.