forty six

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER FORTY SIX:
TO DONNA TROY.

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

           → BACK AT TITANS TOWER, dick stared out the window in silence. octavia slowly walked up next to him.

"suits were pretty sick." she said, trying to make the atmosphere of the tower less gloomy. dick laughed softly.

"yeah, they were." he replied.

"so... are we getting new names or are we just gonna keep going by robin and sparrow?"

"oh, god. no." dick said, hating the idea of keeping their old superhero names.

"thank god." octavia replied.

"you already have one in mind?" dick asked. octavia paused before answering him, "black lavender has a nice ring to it."

dick nodded, "i like that."

"and you?" octavia asked.

"when i was in prison... these guys talked about a bird that comes in the night and saves people." dick explained to her.

"sounds like you." octavia replied softly, "a bird that comes in the night and saves people..." she repeated to herself.

dick smiled at her. octavia looked at him, "what?" she asked.

"nightwing." dick said with a small smile.

"holy shit." octavia said quietly.

"it's obvious who got the brains." dick replied.

"does that mean i get the looks?" octavia asked.

"shut up." dick replied.

"glad to see you two are still getting along." bruce said, walking over to them. dick and octavia looked at bruce as he approached them.

"i just wanted to say... i'm very sorry. i know how much donna meant to both of you." bruce said. dick and octavia both looked down.

"i'm the reason she came back." dick said, "i pulled her back into the titans."

"it was never your fault." octavia whispered.

"well, you're fooling yourself if you think you could've made donna troy do something she didn't wanna do herself." bruce replied.

"true." dick replied. "we started this... and what's left of us without her?"

"things inevitably fall apart. the art of life seems to be how you put them back together." bruce told the grayson siblings.