Sequence D-48

A knock sounded at the manor door and Alfred looked up from where he'd been serving tea to Bruce, Damian, Dick, and Tim. "Were you expecting anyone sir?" he asked, looking to Bruce.

Bruce furrowed his brows. "I don't believe so," he replied.

Alfred hummed, setting down the teapot and making his way towards the door.

Bruce and the others followed a few moments later, curious to see who was knocking at their door.

Alfred opened the door to a tall well dressed man.

The man wore a finely tailored black suit that was pressed to a crisp perfection. His black tie was tucked into his buttoned suit coat with a small silver pin stuck into it, and his strangely bright green eyes seemed to see right through everything.

"Can I help you?" Alfred asked.

A slightly strained smile found its way onto the man's face as his gaze shifted to Alfred. "Why yes," he said. "I was looking to speak with Mr. Bruce Wayne. Our fathers knew each other, and as mine has passed on recently I was left in possession of something that belonged to Thomas Wayne."

"I see," Alfred replied, turning when Bruce and the others walked into the hall.

The man's focus instantly turned to Dick's bright golden eyes.

"Those are some very interesting eyes," he said.

Bruce's jaw clenched and he pulled Dick slightly behind him, shielding the ex talon from view.

"This man says he has something of your father's that he would like to return," Alfred said, opening the door wide enough for the man to step in.

"I do indeed," the man said, drawing something from within his suit pocket and holding it out.

Bruce took the object, holding in up to inspect it.

The object happened to be a small tarnished wristwatch. Bruce ran his thumb over the smooth face, flipping it over to be met with the sight of his father's name engraved on the bottom. He recognized this watch as the one his father had worn almost every day before it had mysteriously disappeared.

"Thank you," Bruce said. Looking lovingly at the watch.

"Would you like to join us for tea?" Alfred asked the man.

The man offered what seemed like a polite smile, but there was a flicker of something sinister. "Of course," he replied.

Bruce led the way back to the sitting room, and Alfred appeared with another cup, smoothly filling it with tea and handing it to the man.

"What did you say your name was?" Damian asked, a suspicious undertone to his voice.

"Percival... Percival Stanton," the man replied.

Damian narrowed his eyes, scooting closer to his eldest brother's side. This man gave him weird vibes.

"So," Percival said. "You never told me about those strange golden eyes." He turned towards Dick, staring the younger down.

Dick shifted uncomfortably under the gaze, looking down at his tightly clasped hands.

"So how did your father and mine know each other?" Bruce said, deliberately changing the subject.

Percival looked at Bruce, slight annoyance flickering across his face for a split second. "They went to school together. Pops had a nasty habit of coming late to class, so Thomas loaned him his watch one day." He let out a forced chuckle. "Pops never ended up returning the thing."