-25-

The morning sunlight streaming in the window was a welcome sight to the person waking up from a hangover . His head felt like it weighed ten thousand pounds and his mouth was dry as hell itself . He groaned as he rolled out of bed . He stumbled to the bathroom, wishing he was still asleep . After brushing his teeth and taking a few aspirin , he splashed some cold water on his face . He winced at the sudden chill , feeling the effects of his drinking the night before . He crawled back into bed for a few more hours of much needed sleep .

Dick groaned as he opened his eyes . The light from his bedroom window was too bright and felt like it was piercing right through his skull . He reached above his head to close the curtains with his arm , but the motion afterwards made him wince . His head felt like it had been pounded with hammers all night , and he had the feeling like he had barely gotten any sleep .

The gentle voice of the butler was heard from the outside of his room asking him if he was alright

"I'm fine , Alfred" after a few second Richard heard soft footsteps getting far from his room , Alfred probably left Dick to rest after hearing his hoarse voice , the man himself almost jumped from the soft bed after hearing it .

But it didn't stop Dick from trying to sleep again even though his eyes only blincked at the boring ceiling . He layed in bed at least 10 minutes , thinking about nothing . Nothing sounded endless but in truth Richard just couldn't remember alot of things , when he accidentally saw the date he almost cried in frustration , there was at least one month missing from his memories , and Damian also went missing ...

Not overthinking Richard ran to the only room he remembered in the seconds he was running , Damian's  room . He winced from the pain in his joints and with slow movements turned the handle and entered the room with high alert knowing well nothing in the room except the swords on the wall could hurt him .

"Richard is there any reason for you to be here ?" it clearly wasn't the best time to come in , Damian was changing but still calmly with a little bratty voice asked a question .

"You're alive ?!" his voice sounded confused and suprised but the big smile and watery eyes was good sign , he was relieved  and very happy to see Damian still breathing .

"I'm not supposed to be ?" the teen arched an eyebrow looking rather bewildered.

"No no , i'm just glad to see" Dick wrapped him in a tight hug , feeling the younger heart beating and warm skin relaxed him enough to loose the hug but not too much .

"Next time you want to have a drink , just steal one from father's collection rather than buying some cheap beer " the remark made him laugh , since he never even thought of stealing from Bruce 

"I'm serious , Richard , your breath stinks " this comment was not that nice to laugh about but he still grinned .