-28-

" Again , how many mom jokes you heard that day ?" Damian asked munching on chips closely while Jason rambled about the moments spend with 'Barbara' . They finished their brunch an hour ago and moved to the couch after washing the dishes , talking non stop , mostly the older one , it's been alot since he talked carelessly to someone , too many things to do , alot happened and Todd just did not have time for some small chat .

" About 7 in a row , also some 5 more later !"

" His mom was a total bitch for sure " Jason agreed immediately taking a big sip of his coke .

" I mean , if you have mommy issues don't make it everyone's problems , my mom is dead and  i did not mention her for like .." he stopped for a second looking around as if he'll find the answer on Damian's forehead " damn like 16 years , and shes dead and nobody cares!" the younger mumbled a quiet 'yea same' .

"Even thought i  like to make my death everyone else's problem..." Damian looked at him with a raised brow at the abrupt sentence .

" did i hear it right ?" 

" What ? " he did not stop eating the potato chips, he continued with a uninterested expression 

"Since when Talia is dead ? " such news was not to be quickly forgotten , because they'd spread like forest fire . She might have been respected by some but mostly everyone was waiting for her demise .

" i thought you knew , or at least anyone knew about it "

" No i didn't ! Was i supposed to ? "

" Since when your so interested in my mother to be so shocked about her death ? perhaps is the time spent in the league made you attached "

" Well , i don't really know , never really thought about it too much..."

The room fell into an awkward silence . It is not a big surpise he liked Talia , she became a mother figure in a way , she gave him a place to stay , cruel place , but still a roof protecting from rain . Damian understood it , he did care about his mother , but after so many years spend with her , and seeing her actions and words , he also understood that she did not love him the same same way she was supposed to , younger Damian saw how she tried however Talia did not love him enough . He was the heir , the tool and the monster they did not have time to finish , he was a creation that disappointed the creators because of his want of freedom , both of his creators had a moment of disappointment in him .

"So " started Jason carefully " about the advice you asked me " the younger one gasped softly remembering the purpose of his visit , he was rather forgetful these days .

"yes , about it " Todd listened closely leaving the drink on the table " it's about Selina "

"Selina huh " an amused grin was on Jason's face , at that Damian raised a brow at him.

"So what about her ?" 

" Of course you all knew that i lived with Kyle while being in a weird state with amnesia " Todd nodded " when my memories came by little by little , i acted as a hormal teenager " 

"You are a hormonal teenager" Damian scowled at him clearly not appreciating the comment 

" Whatever , as i was saying my behaviour was not the most pleasant and the last days i said some hurtfull words i do regret , she became a person i could rely on , amazing friend and i'm ...." he didn't want to see Jason's expresion and avoided eye contact as mush as possible " embarrassed , so embarrassed . I even left Ivy with some stupid note and an awful reasoning for stopping our training and just the nice relationship we had , the friendly mentor and student relationship was amazing never though that a physical training could inlcud being caring  and loving in way , not only she helped me with the weird flower power i have now but ressured me that i'll be fine , Selina was waiting home for me , made tea , even baked goods , basically took care about me when i clearly was not in the best state of mind , i loved every moment spent with Selina , everything with her was amazing , and in the end i ruined yet another nice bond i had with someone , as always . I want to salvage at least the little fraction of likability she has for me , a-atlest something "

At the end of his long monologue tears were streaming down his cheeks , Damian tried to wipe them quickly to not look even more vulnerable after such speech , he felt vulnerable , he was not like this before . Months ago he could've said the same words and walk away dumping his inner thoughts carelessly and forget about them . He was mentally not prepared for suh conversation obvious that the pit had a big inpact on his state .

" Damian ..." In his mind knew he looked pityfull and he hated it so much maybe he also hated the way Jason embraced him in a hug , rubbing circles on his back , whispering word the younger one can't understand because of his break down and the tears that didn't stop even for a second , his chest moved frantically from the heavy breathing .

" It's fine Dames , we'll work it out " and Damian believed him , he had no reason to not . It was a great idea to call Jason .

 The best decision in  the past five years .