Chapter 11

I turned on the car again but before I could even shift gear Zeiden called out, "Rue...um....I have....um...work." He said pointing towards the building in front of us. I had entirely forgotten the reason we had come.

"Oh. Right." I frowned turned off the engine and turned away from him to opened the door so he wouldn't see the disappointed expression I couldn't stop from showing up on my face. I felt like a puppy who was shown a (very delicious) bone but denied the permission to have.

I didn't turn to see if he got out of the car and headed to the shop. The small bell at the top of the door rang as I opened the door.

"Good morning please take a seat." Shouted Ms.Rosalyn with her back turned holding a cake to a costumer. There was only three costumers a human mother with her child and werewolf woman in the back of shop. I stood by the door waiting on Zeiden. Me.Rosalyn turned to me and gasped. "Alpha!" She said bowing my eyebrows furrowed. I had told her multiple time not to bow but she never did listen. I saw the head of the werewolf snap up at the comment but the human was to far to hear. She quickly bowed. I dismissed her with my hand and headed to Ms.Rosalyn.

Before I could get to her, the door bell was rung signaling someone entering, Zeiden. I continued walking to her and whispered, "He doesn't know." She nodded and turned back to the counter. I knew that she would hide it.

"What was that?" Asked Zeiden noticing the exchange I had with Ms.Rosalyn before he could reach us.

"Nothing just greeting her." I lied heading to a table by the window to look outside.

"Do you know Ms.Rosalyn?" He asked taking a seat in front of me. I nodded.

"I have come by a couple of time." I said mumbled shrugging. Ms.Rosalyn used to live in the pack house. Me and Kyle were close with her she was like a grandmother to us. When she retired and opened a shop we used to visit her regularly and she would treat us for free. I turned to look at her to see her looking at us with a weird expression.

I turned to Zeiden, "What time to you get out?" I asked.

"Eight." He said it was barely six. I nodded waiting for him to head to Ms.Rosalyn. "Are you really going to wait for me to get out of work? We can just go some other time." He said his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"Don't worry I can wait for you. Plus this is really comfortable place and I haven't seen Ms.Rosalyn in a long time." I said pulling my legs up on the space next to me like I used to lay with Kyle. "Now go work or Ms.Rosalyn will come over and take you by the ear." I said noticing that she was still looking over at us.

He hesitated before heading to the changing room. Kyle and me used to hide in there after school sometimes. He would make me go with him to buy new shirts and then sometimes change in the back like he owned the place which he kinda did being next in line for alpha and all that. Ms.Rosalyn would allow him to every time. I honestly think he was her favorite but then again she knew him his whole life.

Zeiden came out in a plain white shirt that clung to his body like a second skin leaving little to imagination. I had the urge to run my hands over his firm chest again with his hands on my hips. He had black pants with the same black shoes he came with. His brown hair looked so soft and messy from here. He kept running his hands through. He headed to Ms.Rosalyn and they were talking about something.

I realized I was staring at him so I turned to the window. It had started to drizzle on the way over and now the wind seemed to be picking up.

A cup of hot vanilla cappuccino and a slice of Nutella cake was placed in front of me. My favorite. I smiled and looked up at Ms.Rosalyn. "You remember." I said. "Thank you."

"Of course." She said sitting down in front of me. "So spill." I saw the mischievous glee in her eye. She looked like a high school girl about to gossip. I always knew she was a teenager at heart that's why she let so many things slid for me and Kyle. I chuckled lightly feeling my mouth eager to tell someone about us but wasn't ever good sharing details about my life with others.

I sighed, "Umm...well nothing really happened. I just came back from a business trip and he had enrolled a few weeks earlier. We have talked here and there but that's it." She gave me a pointed look. "That's all. I really haven't been able to talk with him." I said not able to take on the accusing look she was giving me about not telling him about werewolves.

She also sighed and said, "Just make sure you be carful," she warned, "that boy is worth so much." She glanced at him as he conversed with the costumer's child.

He seemed to be good with children. He said something that made the child let out a laugh and make a smile slip on my lips. He would make a wonderful father. I wonder if he wants to have kids in the future? It was the first time these thoughts came to mind taking me a bit by surprise.

I snapped out of my thoughts and composed my face. I turned to Ms.Rosalyn, she was looking at Zeiden like a mother would. She had already formed a strong connection to him. It was clear she cared deeply about him. He was really something.

In her expression she also seemed to be...maybe....worried. But why would she?

Before I could ask another question the door rang, signaling a costumer entering. She excused herself to go attend him. I turned back to Zeiden. He seemed to draw my attention all the time. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Even the way he moved was fascinating to me. He moved with uncertainty yet he had a confidence in his step that caught my attention.

I was brought out of my observation with the ring and vibration of my phone. I reached into my pocket and saw it was Thomas. I answered greeted with Thomas urgent voice, "Where are you?"

"In Kyle's territory. Why?" I answered.

"How fast came you get over here?" He asked. I stood from my seat leaving a ten dollar bill and headed for the door.

"What happened Thomas?" I asked standing outside the door of the shop.

"The rouge," as soon as the word left his mouth I was flying through my car door and on to my seat, "he killed himself."

"On my way." I hanged the phone and tossed it to my passenger seat. I was about to turn on the engine when my eyes connected with Zeiden. I had completely forgotten. I was so used to not waiting on someone or not needing to explain that I forgot. I saw him looking at me through the window in confusion.

I got out of the car. We meet in front of the shop both heading towards each other. "Sorry," I apologize, "something came up." I told him vaguely. He still seemed confused but changed his expression to that of a disappointed one.

He quickly tried to cover it and smiled. "It okay," he reassured me, "could we....um...do it another time?" He asked hesitant.

"Of course." I said nodding. I leaned up to him hearing his heart beat fast before pressing my lips to his soft warm ones just as the drizzling rain came down harder.

I brought my hand to his hair. I remembered I had to leave so I slowly moved away from his. I saw his eyes still closed and his mouth slightly ajar. I looked at him amused waiting for him to open his eyes.

When he did, he blushed seeing me looking at him. "Get a taxi alright it seems the rain is going to come harder." I told him. "See you tomorrow." I walked away with him still looking at me.

I go in my car turning it on with one last glance at him and then drove away.