Chapter 5

"Steven?", Alec asked in a puzzled voice. "Did Magnus send you?", Alec continued, exasperated. "Yes sir. He wanted me to escort you out. He's waiting in the car out front", Steven replied like it was obvious. "What?!", Alec screamed in horror. "Didn't he get my message?! I'm not going! I can't go! I'm not really a club kind of guy!", Alec said in a panic as Steven pulled out his cell phone from his back pocket. "Hey", Steven said into the phone, ignoring Alec's panic. "Yeah, he did what you said he would", Steven continued. "Ok see you in a second". "What?", asked Alec, still stunned. "He's coming up here? I mean... he can come inside but I'm not going anywhere". "Oh yes you are!", said Magnus' voice as he appeared around the corner looking even more handsome than Alec remembered. "I'll wait in the car", said Steven, taking the key from Magnus and leaving the two men alone. "May I come in?", asked Magnus, a devious yet somehow still innocent look in his eyes. Alec took a deep breath, knowing that he couldn't resist this man for some reason. "Yes", he replied reluctantly, stepping aside for Magnus to enter. "Magnus, didn't you get my voicemail? I told you I didn't want to go out", Alec said as Magnus entered, burying his hands in his sweat-pant pockets. "Well", Magnus replied as he whipped around to face him. "I was hoping that you would come to your senses on your own", Magnus retorted with a slight laugh. "Magnus...I want to I just... can't", Alec finally replied, hanging his head. "Look", Magnus said, taking a step toward Alec. "If the check I wrote you is making you uncomfortable, just know it was mostly a joke, ok? I was just trying to get your attention". Alec chuckled in response. "It's not that Magnus. It's just... I'm not brave like you", Alec said, now looking up and meeting Magnus' warm, golden eyes. "I've never been to a club or anything like that. I wouldn't know what to do with myself", Alec confessed, his cheeks reddening.

"You are so cute when you blush", Magnus said, causing Alec to redden even more and look back down at the ground. "Look", Magnus continued. "I know you say that you're not a brave person, but I beg to differ Mr. Lightwood. I can tell that you have been through some things in life, just like I have. I get a sense about people, and when I first met you after my concert, I could tell that you have a quiet courage. The type of courage that would bring you to one of the craziest rock concerts you could ever attend. And you're going to use that same courage tonight when you come out with me, ok?", Magnus finished, placing his hand on the side of Alec's arm. As the two men stood close, Alec's eyes met Magnus' once again, his breathing stopping as he was momentarily lost in the man's eyes. He soon came to his senses and decided to make a joke to relive the tension. "But what will I wear?", Alec asked, causing Magnus' eyes to widen with happiness. "Does that mean you're coming?!", Magnus asked, has hand falling form Alec's arm. "I guess...", Alec replied, trying his best to hide his smile. "Fuck yeah Lightwood!", Magnus yelled. "Ok now where is you're closet? We need to get you in the proper attire". Alec laughed out loud as he led Magnus into his bedroom and pointed toward his closet. "Wow", Magnus whispered, looking around. "You may be one of the cleanest and most organised people I know", Magnus said, taking in the pristine condition of Alec's room. "Yeah...", Alec said, a little embarrassed as he opened his closet. "Oh damn", Magnus exclaimed as he looked at the organisation before him. "So I have it sorted by color, and then by type of clothing, and then by most used, in succession". "I see", Magnus, said, still getting used to this level of neuroticism. "Yeah... you definitely need to loosen up tonight Alec", Magnus said quietly, looking over and winking at Alec as he began to look through the hanging clothes. "I'm not sure I really know how to do that", Alec confessed, watching Magnus look through the closet.

"Don't worry", Magnus replied, pulling out some options and laying them on the bed behind him. "I'll show you how", he replied with a smile. Alec was so confused. He couldn't help but think Magnus was flirting with him, but he also didn't want to make things weird between them by bringing it up. Maybe Magnus just had a flirty personality. "Ok Alec. I'll wait in the living room. Try this on and come show me, ok?", Magnus said as he turned and shut the bedroom door behind him. What the hell was happening? He was playing dress up with Magnus Bane. Alec laughed and shook his head as he picked up the clothes Magnus had picked and tried them on, a combination of garments Alec never would have thought to try for himself. As he finished dressing, he looked in the mirror, took a deep breath, and headed for the door. "Ok I feel like I look ridiculous", Alec said as he entered the room, causing Magnus to turn around in his seat on the couch. To Magnus however, Alec looked anything but ridiculous. Magnus' eyes widened and his mouth parted as he took in the sight before him. Magnus had dressed him in all white from head to toe. The rock stars eyes travelled up and down Alec's tall form, fully appreciating the beautiful sight. Alec looked absolutely dashing in a white blazer with a white crew neck tee underneath. He stood shyly with his hands in the back pockets of his white jeans, which had clearly never been worn before. The one deviation from the all-white theme came from his shoes, which were pitch-black leather. Magnus stood up and walked toward Alec, his eyebrow raised. "Alec, I would never allow anyone that I have dressed to look ridiculous. You look amazing. Really", Magnus replied, wanting Alec to understand just how beautiful he was. The two men met eyes once more, felling some sort of energy pulling them together. "Ok Bane. Let's do this before I change my mind", Alec said, his heart rate increasing. "I like the sound of that!", Magnus yelled, leading Alec out to his car. TBC...