Chapter 9

To Alec's surprise, he actually enjoyed dancing with Magnus and his friends. Magnus' carefree energy was rubbing off on him, and he began to feel this new sense of freedom as he allowed his body to sway to the beat. This night was almost perfect, however as the time progressed, Alec began to feel concern for the state Magnus was in. "Hey Raphael", Alec said, leaning over to speak to him when Magnus wasn't looking. "Is it just me or has Magnus had...quite a bit to drink tonight", Alec asked, watching Magnus dance a little slower and sloppier as he continued drinking the beer in his hand. Raphael's face fell at Alec's question. "Alec, there's so much you don't know about Magnus. Let's just say...this is a regular occurrence for him", Raphael replied, sadness coloring his features. Alec's worry grew throughout the rest of the night as Magnus continued drinking, now having trouble speaking correctly. "We shooold go back to da hotel! They haf great bottle serrrvice there", Magnus said through slurred words as he sat at the bar. Everyone agreed, seeing that Magnus really needed to lie down. As Magnus rose from the bar stool however, he was having a great deal of trouble walking and almost fell several times. People reached out to help him as he struggled, but as they did so, Alec could have sworn a glimmer of fear flashed the man's face. "Don't touch me!", he screamed as he wobbled along toward the exit. "Nobody touch me!", he continued to yell. In the next second, however, the man didn't see that there was a small step he had to climb, and tripped and fell on his hands and knees. "He wont let anyone touch him when he gets like this", Camille explained as they watched the man on the floor. Alec looked at Magnus' friends in horror, seeing that no one was moving to help him off the floor. People around him laughed and pointed, loving seeing the legendary Magnus Bane in a drunken heap on the floor.

"I don't care. I have to help him", Alec replied, moving toward the fragile man. "Magnus. It's just Alec. Can I help you up so we can go back to the hotel?", Alec asked in a calming tone, not wanting to startle the man. Magnus looked over at Alec, simply reaching out his hand for Alec to help him up. Alec did so, letting Magnus put almost all of his weight against his body as they stood up and began to slowly walk. Thankfully they were able to exit through a back entrance so no one but their car was waiting for them. Alec helped Magnus up and into the car carefully making sure that the drunken man didn't hit his head. As Magnus sat down inside, he began to yell, "Alec sit next to me!". Alec's eyes widened, surprised that Magnus still wanted to be near him after he screamed at the others for touching him. "Ok I'm coming", he said, sitting right next to Magnus who immediately leaned his head on Alec's broad shoulder. "You smell good", Magnus commented, breathing deeply against Alec's jacket. "I try", Alec giggled. As everyone entered the car and it began to pull away from the club, Magnus closed his eyes, his body slowly falling until his head rested on Alec's lap. Alec turned to Raphael who was sitting next to him and asked, "Do you think he's asleep?". "Looks like it", he replied with a puzzled expression. "You know Alec, I've known Magnus for many years, before he became so well-known. And he has never let anyone help him when he's drunk. Ever. He has this issue with people touching him...but I'll let him tell you more about that. It should come from him". Raphael then looked around the car to make sure no one was listening to them. "Alec, I know about Magnus. Are you two...", he let the sentence trail off suggestively. Alec looked into Raphael's eyes, deciding he could trust him. Alec nodded slightly in response. Raphael raised his eyebrows and chuckled. "You must be special then because I've never seen him like this with anyone. Especially in public", Raphael whispered, referencing Magnus lying down on Alec's lap.

Alec looked down at the sleeping man, finding peace in his calm face. Alec raised his hand and placed it on top of Magnus' head, brushing his fingers through his dark strands of hair, wanting the beautiful man to sleep soundly. After about 20 minutes, the group had arrived at a fancy hotel in the middle of Malibu. Alec gently woke Magnus so that he could help him out of the car and into the building. This time Magnus wrapped both of his arms around Alec's torso, leaning his entire body against him. Alec chuckled, wrapping his arm around Magnus' back as they walked. Magnus had rented out an entire floor of the hotel, reserving a separate room for everyone. Alec took his key card, as well as Magnus', and followed the group into the elevator, taking them to the 21st floor. Everyone slowly parted ways as they found their rooms. Eventually, Magnus and Alec were left alone as they faced the front door of Magnus' room. Alec struggled slightly trying to open the door with Magnus hanging on him, but he eventually succeeded. Magnus' room was huge. The entire wall facing the city was made of windows, making it feel as though the room was floating in the sky. The bed on one side of the room was six times as big as Alec's bed at home, and there was even a fireplace and a separate living area. Alec walked straight to the bed, setting Magnus down and preparing him to sleep. First, Alec removed Magnus' shoes, placing them next to the bed. Next, Alec grabbed a blanket from the foot of the bed, placing it over Magnus' body. He then took a bottle of water from the mini fridge, placing it on the bedside table. Lastly, Alec waked over to the corner of the room where he found a small trashcan, placing it next to the bed in case Magnus needed to throw up. "Lay on your side Magnus. I don't want you to choke if you have to vomit later", Alec said softly, placing his hands on Magnus body and turning him on his side. Magnus had his eyes closed and Alec had gotten up to leave for his room when he heard a soft, "Wait", coming from Magnus across the room. TBC...