Chapter 28

Alec was even more confused now. Magnus had never acted this way before. "Ok. I'm sorry, Magnus. I just thought"—"Can you just drop it, Alexander?!", Magnus yelled, crossing his arms and standing awkwardly in the middle of the room, looking anywhere but Alec's eyes. Alec sat up, narrowing his eyes as he knew something was going on. "Ok what's up, Magnus?", Alec asked, getting up from the bed to stand right in front of the infuriatingly confusing man he loved. "Nothing!", Magnus said unconvincingly. "Magnus", Alec continued, this time a little annoyed. "There's clearly something going on and frankly I'm a little upset that at this point in our relationship you don't trust me enough to tell me", Alec said firmly, mimicking Magnus' crossed arms. Magnus tried his best to put on his best and most convincing smile. "I'm fine, babe! Now lets go watch a movie or something!". As Magnus turned to leave the bedroom, Alec grabbed onto the man's arm. As he did, Magnus' sleeve went up a little, and what he saw horrified him to his very core. "Magnus! What is that?!", Alec yelled in panic as Magnus yanked his arm away. "Alec it's really nothing! Just let it go!", Magnus replied, turning to walk away. "Magnus! Please don't walk away form me right now. We need to talk about this!". "Why, Alec?!", Magnus yelled, annoyed. "Why do we HAVE to?!". Alec was quiet, his hurt filling the sudden silence in the room as he hung his head. "Fuck...", Magnus whispered. "I'm sorry Alexander", Magnus said, stepping toward his saddened boyfriend who as now staring at the floor trying not to cry. "Damn it! There I go making you cry again!", Magnus yelled at himself, grabbing onto the sides of Alec's face. "I'm sorry, Alexander. I'm sorry", Magnus whispered, trying to get the man to look up. Finally Alec did, looking straight into Magnus' eyes. "Show me your arms, Magnus", Alec pleaded, needing to know if his suspicions were true.

Magnus' brow furrowed, ashamed and sad and scared all at the same time. "No Alec I can't. I'm too ashamed. I'm disgusted with myself. I can't...", Magnus replied, now the one who was looking down. Alec, on the other hand, was not backing down. "Magnus Bane. You need to show me you arms. I'm not asking", Alec said calmly. Magnus knew that he should listen to Alec, but his body wouldn't move. He just couldn't force himself to do it. It went against every instinct in his body; every instinct to hide and cower away into nothingness, to not expose himself in his most vulnerable state. Alec could tell Magnus was panicking. He could read every emotion on the man's face and he knew he needed to take the lead, like he did with many things in their relationship. "Magnus", Alec began with slight hesitation. "I'm going to look at you", Alec stated, preparing Magnus for what was coming. This time Magnus didn't squirm away. He had accepted that he couldn't hide this any longer from the man he loved. With tears in his eyes and a tremor in his hands, Alec slowly grabbed onto Magnus' wrist once again, lifting his arm upwards. Slowly Alec pulled the fabric of his sleeve upward, revealing fresh red slashes created directly over the man's old scars. The farther up Alec went, the farther the slashes continued. Alec let the tears silently fall as he continued to take this all in. "Take off the shirt, Magnus", Alec ordered, realizing that the marks weren't going to end on his arms. When Magnus didn't move, Alec moved for him, lifting up the bottom of his shirt and carefully pulling it over the man's head and off of his body. Alec was absolutely horrified. "Baby", Alec whimpered, taking in the injured body before him. "Alec, I know you're angry with me. I don't know what to say. I need a vice! I'm not drinking or taking drugs and I just had to release my emotions somehow! I don't know why I do it! I can't explain it it's just"—But as Magnus rapidly tried to explain, Alec had stepped forward, the tall man embracing Magnus' body in a gentle, yet passionate embrace. "I'm not angry, Magnus", Alec replied, his face in the man's neck. "You're not?", Magnus asked, feeling very confused as Alec continued holding him. "No, baby. I'm not angry. I'm sad, but I knew this would be hard. I can't expect you to change all of these things about your life without bumps in the road. But we will get through this, just like we are getting through everything else", Alec continued, simply stunning Magnus. "Oh Alexander I don't deserve you". "That's nonsense", Alec replied immediately. "And I won't have any nonsense", Alec continued, leaning back from the hug. As Alec looked over Magnus' freshly scarred body once again, he suddenly got an urge to do something that he had wanted to do the first time Magnus had showed him his pain. Alec lifted Magnus' wrist once again, deciding what he was going to do. "Alexander...what are you doing?". But before Alec could reply, he was placing a soft kiss on the partially healed slash on the rock star's wrist. Magnus breathed in sharply through his teeth, not expecting that sensation. Alec placed another kiss farther up, following the pattern of scars with his lips. Magnus let out a trembling breath, feeling overwhelmed in the most amazingly unexpected way. Alec stopped the kisses at Magnus' bicep, now looking up into the man's eyes. "Magnus. I love every part of you. I even love the parts that you say you feel ashamed of, that you are too afraid to show the world. You can always show me. I love YOU. And that means every single part of you...", Alec let his sentence trail off as he began to kiss Magnus' other arm, finally replacing the moments of anxiety and pain and emotional toil with love and understanding and care. "Alexander...", Magnus almost breathed, unexpectedly enjoying the soft feeling of each kiss of the sensitive wounds as his eyes fluttered closed. Magnus' fear melted away. He had now shared almost every side of himself with this man, and now that he truly understood that Alexander would love him and accept him no matter what, he finally felt ready to release himself to this strong, beautiful man before him.