[Chapter One]

December 1st, 2021. The famed season of gifts, love, and giving back has returned to the city of Gotham in a period of unrest. Black Mask sits atop of the city's scum during Joker's disappearance, I remember some of the toughest guys I knew folding the second Mask's goons came rolling by. To be fair you really couldn't blame them, Black Mask had used his goldmine of gun running rackets to arm his men with straight fire power at just the right time during the power struggle. The victory obviously came with more fear and respect... Not from me though. Especially considering it was fucking with my money.

I had spent the last 3 hours on a rooftop overlooking a warehouse where a gang of men could be seen moving boxes from several large trucks. It could've looked like a regular work crew except some of the scumbags doing work had submachine guns strapped around their bodies.

"You seeing this?" I asked Deion Diaz, my partner in crime, through my helmet.

"Gotta be more of Mask's guys, we threw out a couple of their dealers tryna sell shit at the club today too," I started to tune D out when I noticed some fat guy come out of the place with a cheap, wrinkled suit on, a silver suitcase in hand. He was definitely the lucky dummy among the stupids. "F/n? You even listenin' to me?!"

"... My fault, I've got eyes on someone who may be able to get us some real info. Call back soon, babe," I joked before ending the call and quickly scaling down the building to reach my modified Black Hellcat SRT.

 Call back soon, babe," I joked before ending the call and quickly scaling down the building to reach my modified Black Hellcat SRT

The VIP with the briefcase stepped into the back of a black SUV and they sped off as the other men continued on with boxes. My mind was already made and I continued follow the VIP for some time throughout town. Their driver bobbed and weaved through the light traffic on the snowy streets of Gotham but I easily kept up. Sometimes, you really did love the job, I was convinced their was no feeling more intense than the hunt.

"Incoming call from Harley" My car audio stated. I muttered, really can't deal with all her right now.

"Let it ring, set to silenced, text back 'I'm working rn'," The sound of my message being sent was quickly followed by countless gunshots clashing into the doors of my cars. I lowered the glass and began unloading pistol shots back at the SUV on my right, figure it was defending the VIP the whole time.

By the time I noticed a third car, speeding to merge onto the highway, it was too late. They came crashing into me from the left, while the car on my right had driven up alongside the VIP's car. I spun out and crashed into the guardrail but surely only got a minor koncusin. The car that had crashed into me had stopped some distance away and turned to make cover for the 4 men who had hopped out, all firing at my windshield.

"Bulletproof, stupid motherfuckers," I reached into my glove compartment and got a small c4 charge. Some of the men had stopped to reload but one had a light machine gun and continued to rain down bullets while I accelerated past the small SUV barricade. I chucked the charge out my window and saw it stick on the side of their car. Took me countless tries to perfect that, you think it would be as easy as a drive-by, but it's truly its own art form. Shit makes me feel like Pat Mahomes.

Gotham's Hood: [DC X Male Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara