[Chapter Eleven]

"Deion, F/n, and me are going to be the drill crew. We're gonna have to take it all the way past the airport before we start making a path, the route'll take us 'round two hours. When we get there, we think it'll take maybe 10 minutes for the drill to get through the reinforcements-"

"Think? That doesn't really seem like something we can estimate on. How long do you think we're gonna get before SWAT teams respond?" I interrupted.

"No way to know 'til we're actually in the field, shit, maybe we cut through like butter. Maybe we get stuck," Jason shrugged. "But when we get in the vault, be smart, don't just grab cash, there'll be plenty of other valuables inside that mob bank. They'll have cases of diamonds, gold bars, paintings, but be careful, one wrong cut on the canvas and those things'll be worth jack shit. Meanwhile, the bank crew,  Ace, Earnie and-"

"Earnie's in the cut?" D asked.

"Yeah, bank crew's going in to control and scare the crowd, who's scarier lookin' than his big ass?" Ace answered.

"Exactly, they'll go in the bank on foot and keep everyone distracted, and after we're done in the vault we simply take the drill back along the path we came, the bank crew hitches a ride from Angelo, and we all rendezvous at our buyer's location. Everything else'll be handled by a friend of mine, Lester, he'll only be on comms but he'll guide us along every step. Questions?"

"Yeah, what about me?" Kai asked, he looked enthusiastic as this sounded like the real deal.

"You'll be part of the bank crew, I guess," Jason replied.

"Bet! We gonna get big ass guns to keep those folk in line, right?" I thought about it for a second before shooting it down.

"Yeah, no. You'll be at the bank as a civilian-"

"Civiliaan!? Man, what team is that? Fuck am I supposed to do, just stand there and pretend to be scared?"

"Yuh, you're gettin' it! Move with the crowd, be one of them, use your 'civilianess' to get other people to comply... say shit like 'Just do what they say!' and, oh, be ready to be a hostage," I explained, Kai crossed his arms but held his tongue.

"Good thinkin'. Cops won't shoot at a hostage like that neither, might be useful as a shield if things get sticky for us," Ace said, Kai gave him a straight face and the finger. "Oh, I was just kiddin'. Maybe." He laughed.

"Plan sounds solid, what 'til then though?" I asked.

"Til then we wait and pray the Feds don't come crashing down on everyone and everything in the city," Jason poured himself a drink at the bar before just chugging out of the bottle.

"You gotta pay for those y'know." D said.

"I just went from livin' in crummy motels to livin' in a nightclub, what makes you think I have a cent to my name?" He asked.

"You got raided by Mask again?"

"Raided by... someone. Definitely not Mask's gang but just forget about it, I handled it."

"Obviously not if they got you livin' in a nightclub, can you even sleep in here with the music?" Kai asked.

"Oh yeah, real easy, I just lay down and pretend to be dead. I'll be honest though, could definitely go without all the bass, been givin' me killer headaches,"

"Coulda stayed at my place," I said.

"Yeah... 'bout that. Firefly actually had two targets on that contract, Ivy's garden and your place." Jason revealed.

"Goddamn it. Shoulda known they would've hit my place too, had like 80K in an emergency 'Fuck it all' retirement too."

"Yeah, life stinks, but hey, homeless bros!" He extended his fist and I hesitantly met it, not exactly sure that's something to be proud of.