twenty eight | REMINISCING OVER PAIN

a/n: gets a little bit dark further on. if you're sensitive to any writings of violent (not sexual) abuse (parents to children), I'll do a little "" to symbol where it starts, and where it ends. It isn't that vivid, just a bit upsetting for some of you.

hey I did update wowee that took a long time hey guys
➿➿➿➿ 

OSWALD COBBLEPOT LIMPED OUT OF THE ROOM, his blood boiling with anger, but also fear. The audacity this rich bastard had, to even think of going near his mother.

A male was in front of him, leading him to the elevator, to get him out of the building. His hands shook with rage, so much so, he hand to clench them tightly.

However, his ears pricked up at the sound of muffled crying. A kid? While the guard continued walking forward, oblivious, Oswald quickly turned a corner, moving towards the source of the quiet sobbing.

Almost in an instant he recognised the ginger-haired girl - from the videos on the news to when he first met her. She was Jim Gordon's daughter.

What was her name again? Imogen? Ivy? Isabel? Isabella? ... Isabella. That was it.

He took a step towards her, and she instantly spun around, her eyes widening at the sight of the short man, who was still quite a bit taller than her.

His eyes landed on the purpley-pink bruise on her cheek, and glared at it. Who would hit a child? Sure, Penguin had committed a fair few murders and tortured quite a fair few people - but none of them were children.

"Wh-What do you w-want?" The girl sniffed sadly, pulling him back into reality.

Penguin carefully kneeled down in front of her, "Who hurt you?"

"It w-was the man who hurt Jerome," she whimpered, her eyes tearing up in remembrance.

Penguin seethed on the inside. Galavan would already pay for hurting his mother, but now, Oswald would do a lot more than kill him. He'd torture him.

Oswald found no words to say to comfort the girl, and decided that leaving would be the best option, before he'd be caught and place his mother in even more danger.

Before leaving, however, he muttered a few words of advice to the girl.

"If he tries to hurt you again, poke his eyes out."

And with that, Penguin left the girl, limping over to where the guard was waiting for him at the elevator. He was questioned to where he went, and the idiot seemed to buy that Oswald only went on a harmless bathroom break.

〰〰〰〰

Isabella sat in her mother's bedroom, her mind lulling over the things that had just happened. Maybe a tiny part of her did want to hurt Galavan. She had watched him kill Jerome, and then taunt her about it, before finally hurting her.

She couldn't honestly say that Galavan had hurt her with his hit - but only because she had felt much worse pain then that.

The thought of it brought up past memories. Memories that were best left buried.

➖➖➖➖