twenty nine | EVEN PENGUINS GET SAD SOMETIMES

BELLA ROAMED THE LARGE PENTHOUSE NERVOUSLY, her eyes glancing around to make sure that Theo wasn't near. She was a child: she needed to play, but the only thing she could really do without Jerome around to play with her, was to pretend to be an explorer.

She faked a trumpet-y sound as the sight of a small elephant sculpture on the table, grinning at the sight of it. She didn't realise that someone was watching her.

Her hands were at her sides, making sure that she wouldn't go and accidentally break more things.

Her eyes landed on large mirror, and she giddily slipped up to it, observing herself. Her red hair was in two neat pigtails, that Barbara and Tabitha had done for her, before abruptly leaving for whatever reason, and she was dressed in a blue frilly skirt, and a blue-striped white shirt, with white shoes to match.

She was so focussed on her own figure, she didn't notice the person looking behind her until it was too late.

"Mo-Mommy?"

Two arms wrapped around the girl, one of them holding a syringe that pricked her skin, and sent her into a deep, deep sleep.

The last thing she heard, was a low pitched voice that said, "Yeah, I got her... Yeah, she's fine. Got a nasty bruise on her cheek, though."

One of the guards Theo had entrusted enjoyed the sound of a large sum of money, much more than he was getting given. All he had to do was bring one little girl to someone, what could go wrong?

〰〰〰〰

"Oh, my God," Kristen Kringle breathed out, looking at Ed in shock, but also great fear as he held up her ex's police badge.

She stuttered to say anything, shaking her head as she stood up from the bed.

"What's wrong? Where are you going?" Ed questioned softly, confused by her antics.

"How could you?"

"No, please, sit down," Ed pleaded, grabbing her wrist, but she quickly pulled away.

"Don't touch me!"

"Would you please let me explain?"

"There is nothing to explain," she spat out. "I don't even know who you are. No, that's wrong. You are a murderer."

"He was a monster!" Nygma defended, "You said so, he was abusing you!"

"I can't believe I even fell for you, you sicko!"

"I'm not sick! I love you. I did it for you," Ed told her.

"Everything I ever thought about you, I was right! I should have my head examined!"

"Don't say that," Ed's voice broke, as he refrained from sobbing.

"Wait, what were you doing outside my house?"

"I was worried for you."

"You were stalking me! You are a psychopath!"

"That is not true! That's not who I am. Don't say that about me."