Chapter 9 - The lasting scars

Izuku had passed out through a table due to a ghoulish assault. Or that is what he thought. His vision was black and he could barely anything, but it was starting to get brighter. His vision was returning and was blurry as hell as he stared up into the blinding light on the ceiling of a white room. He felt his mask still attached to his head and from his belt downwards. However, his chest and arms were bare and he felt the cold, chilling breeze run across it. His vision, not fully returned, spotted somebody looking down on him. Then, they reached for his neck with one hand but just as contact was made, Izuku jumped out of the bed and grabbed the person in a chokehold.

"Midoriya, relax. It's me, Recovery Girl." She said, desperately trying to break the hold. His vision cleared up and he looked down to find that he was indeed assaulting the friendly nurse.

"Apologies for that." He said nonchalantly as he released his grip and calmed himself.

"You damn near killed me sonny. Speaking of damn near killed, you were lucky I was still around that night or you may not have seen today. What the hell kind of neurotoxin hit you?" She said, partly berating and concerned for a patient.

"From the feelings I experienced I'd say it was a panic inducing hallucinagen that attacks the brain when exposed in a concentrated volume, such as through a syringe." He replied 

"A very astute observation, took me a while to identify the components and create an antidote though."

"Antidote? Can you create more?"

"I suppose, why? Do you plan on diving onto more syringes full of that stuff you idiot?" 

"There is someone out there called Dr Jonathan Crane who manufactures the stuff, if I can get some antidotes then I can save anyone affected by it. Also, how long have I been out for?" He asked a little concerned.

"3 days, but you aren't cleared for hero work or training yet. Also I forgot to mention that you should be inoculated for the time being."

Izuku had rushed out of Recovery Girl's office clad in his full suit towards the dorms. He ignored Recovery Girl's warnings but he needed to make sure that what he saw was just in his head and not real. He prayed to god it was in his head. Once he reached the dorms, he burst through the front doors and past everyone in the common area.

"Ah Midoriya are you feeling bett-" Kaminari was quickly cut off when Izuku shoved him out the way and into Kirishima.

"Bro are you ok?" He shouted after him but got no response only the sight of Izuku running off up the stairs. He helped Kaminari up and then spoke to the others.

"Guys, something is wrong with him. We should talk to him to see if he's ok."

"Are you crazy?" Sero asked. "He kicked all our asses extremely hard in just a training exercise. AND he was holding back, I heard him and Aizawa talking about it."

"Yes, I doubt he would want us prying into his personal life. Although he did come in a little disturbed a few nights ago remember."

"I don't care, he is a good person and he is still a human so I'm gonna go see what is wrong with him." Mineta said as he stood over by the stairs.

"I can't believe I'm saying it but Mineta is right." Yaoyorozu said, "He is still a human and can be hurt like us." By the time everyone had made a decision two groups had formed, those who want to check on him and those who do not. The group that did, consisted of Mineta, Kirishima, Mina, Toru, Yaoyorozu, Koda, Asui, Uraraka, Sato, Tokoyami, Todoroki and Iida. The others were either too scared of him or didn't care about him (not looking at anyone in particular there but Bakugo). They headed up the stairs, following Midoriya until he reached a door. He knocked on it and waited.