Chapter 32 - Following the trail

As the class got into their hero attire, Izuku and Eri were in the Batcave. Since she had returned, Izuku planned to test Eri's new skills and see how well she would fair in combat with multiple opponents. He had warned them not to go overboard with their abilities and skill as he wanted to see what everyone needed to work on. He would be in an observation area while the rest would take on Eri.

"How are you feeling?" Izuku asked while helping Eri with some of her equipment.

"A little nervous. I have missed everyone but it feels weird to be back." She replied, putting on her utility belt.

"I know what you mean. It was weird coming back from my training initially too. One minute you have to train and fight like your life depends on it, next minute you hold back to not fatally injure anyone. Speaking of lives depending on things, it was a good job you showed up and helped Grandmaster Bushido Brown with the Hateocracy."

"Yeah, I dread to think what would have happened if I acted too late."

Flashback:

Just as the guillotine was coming back around, a batarang flew straight into it, knocking it into the ground just in time for Bushido to land a knock out blow.

Flashback Ends:

"He was pretty rude and arrogant when we first met but as soon as I mentioned your name, he did a 180 on his attitude and began to train me." Eri stated, equipping her cowl and Izuku sat in some jeans, a T-shirt and his old cowl.

"Yeah he always was a little freaked out by me. Nevertheless, training by the hand of Grandmaster Bushido Brown is going to help you in this test as well as my own training I imparted to you."

Over at the training gym, everyone was suited up and waiting to start when the  room became dark for a second and then the dark knights appeared in front of everyone sending shivers down their spines.

"Ok, you will all be running a gauntlet in pairs against Eri so I can see how her skill has increased. First up will be Bakugo and Iida. Everyone who isn't on, make their way to the observation area." Batman instructed. However, it was a little weird for the class to see him in his mask with just some ordinary civilian clothes. Those who were not fighting left the combat zone to stand near Batman with Kyoka hugging into his side. Every other girl had one thought: *lucky*. Momo had decided to raise a question before the match started.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to start her off with two of the strongest members of our class? I mean what if she gets hurt?" She asked cause it others to question this.

"Yeah it does seem a bit unfair on her man." Mineta stated.

"Not to worry, she has had lots of training for these situations and they have been told not to go overboard." Batman replied as he signaled for the fight to begin by telling Kirishima to harden and then headbutt a gong to which the manly man was rather enthusiastic about.

As the gong sounded, Bakugo rushed forward knowing that his best chance was to end it quick so she had no time to adapt to his fighting style. Iida on the other hand decided to run around in a circle to gain momentum for a strong kick. After quickly analysing the situation Eri grabbed some pellets from her belt as she saw Iida approaching from behind using a recipro burst. Bakugo on the other hand charged an explosion but not as strong as usual because he didn't want to hurt her. When both were relatively close, Eri crushed the pellets in her palm and grappled up to the ceiling out of the way of the collision. Bakugo's explosion ended up hitting Iida in the face and in turn, Iida's kick landed directly into Bakugo's stomach. The two were sent flying back by the attacks a considerable distance so Eri dropped down and knocked each one out with a simple punch in the face.