008 - The Boy and The Broken

008

— the boy and the broken —

HAZEL STOOD IN FRONT OF THE WINDOWS IN THE TITAN'S INFIRMARY. She nervously chewed on her nail; her phone squeezed tight in her hand as she waited for Hank's message. He and the other older Titans had gone off to face Deathstroke and bring back Jason. They had only left an hour ago, but the way Hank explained Deathstroke and how much he had scared the Titans the first time around, she couldn't help the swirling mess of emotions in her stomach.

Her eyes glowed gold letting her see the streets easier as she watched the sidewalks just in case the meetup Deathstroke demanded was a setup. Gar stood up from the chair and stood next to Hazel. He rocked nervously on the balls of his feet and hummed. "I uh, don't wanna be creepy, but I heard you and Hank talking about me," Gar started, his hands in his pockets. "I can be too caring?"

"Is that all you heard?" Hazel's eyes, blinking the colour from her eyes.

"I felt creepy listening to you," Gar admitted, chuckling nervously.

Hazel shook her head softly. "I didn't say it as a bad thing," Hazel assured, a small taking over her face. "I say it because you are, you care about people, genuinely. I'm a hypocrite though, I trust people too easily."

"Well, I'm glad you trust me. You trust me, right?" Gar questioned, his eyes going wide.

Hazel laughed, leaning to bump against her shoulder against his making Gar smile. "Of course, I trust you Tiger Boy," Hazel assured.

"Haze! Gar!" Terran yelled, skidding into the infirmary. She was panting and her hands gripped the edges of the doorway. "The others are back." Hazel and Gar rushed out of the room, pausing when they saw the others stumble in with Jason.

"Jay," Hazel said, smiling. Relief washed over but she couldn't help but notice the bruises and cuts covering his face.

"Hazel, I need your help," Dick called. He and Kory carried in an unconscious boy, with short black hair and a red and black Superman shirt.

"Shit," Hazel cursed. "Um, take him to the infirmary, I'll see what's wrong in a sec."

"Hazel-"

"In a minute!" Hazel snapped at Dick.

Dick and Kory dragged the boy away and Hazel took Jason's hand, walking him back to his room. As soon as Hazel shut the door, Jason wrapped his arms around Hazel, holding her as tight as he possibly could. Hazel heart broke as he whispered her name, his voice shallow and shaky, "Haze, I-"

"You don't have to say anything," Hazel assured, running her hands through Jason's hair. "Let me fix you up and then you can just rest, okay?" Jason nodded, his bloody hair smearing against Hazel's skin, but she couldn't care less.