•Chapter 7•

"Marie! Marie, run!" The blond screamed, fighting off the demon who was trying to kill her. I looked at her helplessly.
"Jane! Jane!" I yelled with my accent lacing my voice thickly, pointing my bow and shooting at the creature. It hit its head, the demon sizzling up and disappearing. Jane ran to me, holding my face between her hands and making me look her in the eye. Tears streamed down her face and she smiled.
"Your okay. But Marie, you must run and never looked back. This place is no good for you, okay? You have to run and never look back. They are coming for us, for all of us. They will kill me, and then they will kill you. But not if you run before they get here." I shoot my head, a few stray tears running down my cheeks.
"No Jane, I will not run. I will stay and fight." I said defiantly. She smiled sadly before gasping in pain. Her eyes slowly moved down and I gasped in fright. A glowing blade pierced her body. I screamed, looking at the man behind her. My father. He grinned wickedly, pulling his blade out and letting Jane's body fall to the ground. He held his blade up, before piercing my torso. I screamed and screamed until I could no more.
"Marie! Marie! Wake up!" I heard someone yell and my body shake before I was pulled out of my nightmare.
I shot up, my throat sore from screaming. I was cradled in someone's hold, my body wrapped in a blanket, being rocked back and forth. I buried my head in the shoulder of whoever was holding me, sobbing. I was pulled closer to whoever held me, and I held on tightly.
"Shhhhhh.....it's okay Claire....it's okay..." Alec's voice came out softly and I gripped his shirt. He stood up, still holding me bridal style and walked back up the stairs and onto the connecting support. I held on tightly as he jumped down and walked to what I'm assuming is Simon's van. A door flew open, confirming my thoughts, but did not stop me from letting out another sob.
"Claire? What's wrong with the Alec?" Izzy demanded, rubbing my back.
"I don't know, she woke up like this." Alec said confused. I was lowered onto a seat, I wiped my tears only for more to flow down before burrowing myself into the blanket wrapped around me even more. Izzy climbed in after me and wrapped her arms around me in a protective manner, letting me cry into her. Alec got in and slid the door shut before I felt the car start to move. Everyone was silent, only my crying being heard.
I eventually fell asleep again, finally having calmed down. It felt so real, like I was reliving an old memory. But it couldn't have been a memory, I don't have a French accent, we definitely don't wear those kinds of clothes, and my name is most definitely not Marie. When we got to the institute Izzy woke me up and I got out of the van without a word. Still clutching the blanket to my almost naked form, I quickly went to my room. I closed the door before dropping the blanket and heading to my closet. I was trying to find something to wear when my door flew open. I let out a short screech, jumping into my closet and closing the door as fast as I could.
"What the hell!" I yelled out. It was silent, like the person was considering just going back out and not letting me know who just saw me in my bra and underwear.
"Hey..." Alec's voice rang out awkwardly.
"Alec?! What the hell are you doing in my room!" I screamed loudly while pulling on a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top.
"Uh...I wanted to talk to you... and we have a mission..." He said with awkwardness still lacing his voice. I flung my closet door open before stepping out to yell at him again.
"And what! Have you never heard of knocking!? You can't just burst into my room whenever you want, Alec!" He scratched the back of his head and his face scrunched up. He went to reply but was cut off as Jace, Izzy, and Clary walked in. I let out an exaggerated sigh, throwing my hands up in the air.
"Has no one ever heard of knocking?" Izzy laughed before looking at my outfit in disapproval. I raised my eyebrows at her.
"What in the hell are you wearing? I expect more from you, Claire." She said disappointed.
"Oh, I'm sorry that your brother over here hasn't heard of knocking and walked in on me in my bra and underwear, so I had to throw on the first thing I saw." I said sarcastically. Izzy shook her head while Clary's eyes widened.
"Oh my god, were you-"
"No.
"NO." Both me and Alec exclaimed at the same time. I glared at him before grabbing his and Jace's wrists and dragging them out of the room. I shoved them before motioning for Clary and Izzy to get out.
"Next time you want to come in my room, knock!" I yelled before slamming the door shut and making sure to lock it. I striped out of the clothes I was wearing in peace, knowing no one would be coming in again. Walking over to my closet I threw my dirty clothes into my hamper before pulling out red short shorts and a deep v-neck crop top with mesh over my cleavage area along with 7 inch black booties. I got dressed before wiping my face clean of makeup. I redid my foundation and concealer before doing a cat eye and swiping mascara on my long lashes, before applying red lipstick to my lips. I walked out of my room and around the institute, only to find that no one was here.