•Chapter 20•

I walked down the hall and into my room, confused to find Alec.
"Yeah?" I asked, walking past him and into my closet. I pulled out a pair of black sleep shorts and a black t-shirt and undressed, slipping on my clothing and going back to my boyfriend. He hasn't answered me yet, just stared at me with emotionless eyes.
"Lydia is your sister?" He asked, causing me to laugh.
"I stayed with her family for a long time, after my adoptive father died I was sent to live with her and her parents. I grew up with her, we kind of just got into the habit of saying we're sisters." I explained, confused on why he was so upset about it. "Why?" I asked.
"She took over the institute, she shouldn't be here." He said grumpily. I rolled my eyes at him, annoyance clear.
"Whatever Alec. The institute has been in shambles ever since Clary got here, it was bound to happen sometime soon." I said angrily. I don't care what my boyfriend thought, Lydia was one of my closet friends. She has been there through everything, and that's a lot more than I can say about other people. I ignored him after that, leaving my room and going off to find Lydia.
I found her in the training room, about to leave, and ran up to her. I jumped on her, trusting her to hold me up. She caught me in a second, laughing.
"Claire!" She exclaimed, faking angriness and failing profoundly. I played along and pouted.
"What?" I asked innocently, jumping down and standing in front of her. She just shook her head, smiling slightly.
"I didn't expect to see you, I thought you were in Beacon still." Lydia said, talking about where I used to be stationed.
"I was, but a problem came up and I came to fix it. It kind of just took longer than expected and I never went back, they already had a new comer." I said while smiling, happy to see her.
"I've missed you so much, but I have to go. The wolves got attacked by a forsaken, and I have to head down there with Alec to check it out, duties and all. But when I get back we will be getting caught up, alright?" Lydia said, her demanding tone making me roll my eyes at her.
"Alright, Comander Lydia." I teased, walking past her and heading to my room again. When I got there I immediately climbed into my bed and took a nap, feeling more than deprived of sleep.

///////
This is a really short update and also really late, the next chapter should most likely be short as well and be up by next Monday. Thanks for reading❤️