•Chapter 35•

I laid on my bed, consumed in my thoughts, when Alec came in. I looked up briefly before looking at my hands, twiddling with them as he came and laid down next to me. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his chest, playing with my hair.
"We'll get him back," Alec mumbled, just loud enough for me to hear. I swallowed my fear, resting my head on his chest.
"But how do you know? How do you know that he isn't going to end up like Valentine, or that he's not already dead? You know as well as I do that Jace would do anything for us, do you really think if Valentine plans on coming back for Clary, for any of us, that he would just sit back and let him?" I asked, fighting back my tears, "because if you do, then you don't know him at all. Alec, Valentine would kill Jace without a thought if he thought he was going against him, family or not." Alec took my words in, moving his hands from my hair to my waist as he held me closer.
"I know Jace would never let Valentine come for us, but I also know that he's smarter than people think. If he was going to rebel against him then he would do it quietly and lethally. He'll be fine, Claire, and we are going to find him and we are going to stop Valentine."
"I hope so," I whispered, catching the eyes of Isabelle, who was standing in my door way.
"I'll be right back," I mumbled to Alec, pecking him quickly.
Izzy motioned toward the hallway as I sat up and climbed off my bed, leaving her brother by himself as I followed her out.
I closed the door behind me and followed her over to a little bench that was down the hallway to my bedroom, the two of us sitting down when we reached it.
"Are you okay, Claire?" She asked softly, grabbing onto my hand and grasping it firmly, trying to comfort me silently.
I gave her a small smile, nodding.
"Honestly no, but I'm not dead. I'm still alive, and even though part of my family is missing right now I know it won't be long before he's found, because without a doubt we are some stubborn bitches. Life might be dreary today, but we'll find him and we'll stop Valentine, eventually," I said, trying to keep my outlook positive since I knew that if Izzy knew I wasn't too sure about how this was gonna end then it would affect her as well.
She's my best friend, my parabati, and I can't stand the thought of her loosing her hope, because right now hope is all we have.
"You're right, we're stubborn bitches who always make things right. We'll find Jace, and we'll stop the bad guy, and we will look damn good doing it too," Izzy said, a grin on her face as she hugged me.
I hugged her back, trying to mirror her grin, but failing miserably probably.
"I love you, Iz. You know that right?"
"I know, and I love you too, Claire."
After that we parted ways, Izzy going off to find and comfort Clary while I went back to my room. Back to Alec.
Back to the one person who always seemed to come back, someway, somehow.

Guess what dumbass forgot she was supposed to post another lil chapter? This one right here.
And with the official end of this book, how many of y'all would read a Scotty Sire fanfic? Cause I started watching David's vlogs and I'm obsessed and that led to me finding all the other guys and now I'm obsessed with Scotty and Toddy. Naturally I went to find some fics about them and honestly I haven't found any I'm too keen on. I have however found this fucking great book, The Boys and Me by ihavanobsession and while it ended up not being a Scotty book, like I thought, it's still great. I've been contemplating writing a Scotty book since I haven't found any good ones for him, so give me your thoughts on that.

Okay and that is officially a wrap on White Noise.