•Chapter 17•

We walked up to Jace, me grinning at him while he only glared.
"The card is in evidence." I informed him, smirking a bit more when I noticed a large red mark on his face.
"Great. I called backup, and I have a plan." Jace said causing me to scoff.
"And this time, it doesn't include me getting slapped." Jace added on bitterly. I pat his cheek, a smug smile on my face.
"Oh Jace, payback sure is a bitch." I told him, referring to the dastardly deed he had committed by telling Alec about our young adventures together. He paled, nodding slowly before we were joined by Alec and Izzy.
"Claire, I need you to get arrested." Jace said, causing me to choke on nothing. Once I recovered I stared at him in shock.
"Excuse me!?" I exclaimed.
"I was kidding." Jace said while smiling. I slapped his shoulder hard before turning to the rest of the group. Jace explained his plan, and to be honest my plan was so much better.
When Izzy, Alec, and I walked into the police station I immediately started to fix my appearance. I was now wearing a v-neck crop top and a pair of high waisted denim shorts, along with black Jeffery Campbell litas. I took my hair out of its ponytail before tuning to Alec and sighing. Izzy was already waiting for us so I hurried, immediately unbuttoning his shirt before messing up his hair slightly.
"Claire, what are you doing?" Alec asked, going to button his shirt back up.
"What do you think? You look like a prude, Alec." I said looking at him with a grimace. He was so clueless it kind of hurt. Alec looked offended before speaking again.
"I meant, why." Alec clarified making me scoff.
"You actually think I'm going to seduce a thirty something women? God Alec get your head out of the gutter." I said, rolling my eyes before finishing my work.
"I feel like I'm missing something. What do you think?" I said while looking up at him since he was basically a giraffe. He smiled slightly, and I must say it killed me. That was all kinds of attractive, if he was a stranger I would be shamelessly checking him out. Wait, shit. No, nope not happening, not again! Alec tilted his head slightly before making a face of faux realization.
"Oh, now I know." He mumbled sarcastically before he grabbed the deactivated sereph blade that stuck out of my shorts. My mouth feel open and I gasped.
"What in the name of glitter is that doing there?" I asked shocked while going back and fourth between the blade and Alec. Alec rolled his eyes, unzipping my purse and slipping it in before zipping it back up. I pursed my lips, containing my shock, before looking down and frowning. I caught Alec's confused look before I pulled down my crop top, revealing some of my cleavage. I looked up, catching Alec staring at a certain part of me and frowned. What the hell is he doing?
"Alec." I snapped, crossing my arms angrily. His gaze snapped up to mine and his eyes widened.
"Uh, yeah?" He said awkwardly causing me to scoff.
"Stop looking at my boobs, your supposed to be looking at hers." I hissed, spinning him around and in the direction of a female police officer sitting at a desk.
"Why aren't you?" He said annoyed before realizing what he had just implied. I groaned, shaking my head at his stupidity.
"I am going with you, but that's only incase she swings for the other team or if you mess us profoundly." I said annoyed. Alec nodded his head before I shoved him forward and pulled him along with me up to the woman's desk. Alec stood there awkwardly until the woman looked up annoyed.
"Yes?" She asked. He staid quiet for a minute before replying with the most horrible pickup line ever.
"Hey, you uh...come here often." Alec said, causing my to flinch at his inexperience. The woman looked at him annoyed.
"Yeah, I work here." She said in a slightly annoyed tone, stating the obvious. Alec nodded awkwardly and started shuffling through things on the desk. I sighed annoyed, rolling my eyes. I shoved him further to the side, pushing out my chest and praying this would work.
"Oh my gosh, is he bothering you? I told you to stop being a perv Alex!" I said in a basic with girl voice, scolding Alec. The woman's eyes drifted down my body, causing my to eternally smirk. I can make anyone lesbian, even an officer. Damn I'm good.
"No, your brother is just fine." She said, smiling at me. I smiled widely.
"Oh thank god! He gets a little frisky around the time I go back to collage, if you catch my drift." I said, relishing in the fact that I could say anything right now and Alec couldn't do anything. The woman laughed, her eyebrows furrowing.
"Oh, I though you two were siblings." She said causing me to smile widely. This was going to be hilarious.
"Oh we are." I said over the top happy, kissing Alec for effect. The woman looked at us disturbed before nodding awkwardly.
"Um, okay." She said before Alec shot his hand out and knocked over a water bottle. He apologized before throwing her badge over, Izzy catching it and continuing on. I slipped away, following Izzy. I caught up easily, linking arms with her.
"What was that about?" I heard her ask. I smirked and looked over at my parabati.
"What was what?" I asked, raising my eyebrow questioningly. Izzy shook her head.
"You know exactly what I mean. What was that with my brother." She said with a smug look.
"Oh that! That was incest." I said, snickering at her reaction.
"What!?" She hissed, causing me to laugh.
"Izzy, it was nothing. It was for the mission, you know that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do." I told her, reminding her that we were on a mission. She nodded her head sadly, confusing me.
"Yeah, right." Izzy said, her lips pulling back in a tight smile. I quirked my lips up for a second before a look of despair crossed my features.
"Oh my god! What did I just do?" I whispered in shock, staring at Isabelle in shock. Her face brightened and she laughed excitedly.
"You like him don't you!" She exclaimed, causing me to cover her mouth with my hand.
"Shush! He already knows, it's been awkward as hell since we made out." I hissed, forgetting completely that I didn't tell her about that.
"Claire Marie Fairchild! How dare you not tell me that you made out with my brother!" Izzy said loudly, drawing a few eyes to us. I flushed slightly, hitting her arm.
"It's not my fault. I forgot about it!" I hissed, trying to keep my voice low but failing. She scrunched up her nose.
"I'm so mad at you. My otp was getting together and I didn't even know!" She wailed dramatically, just as Alec came up to us. He looked at her confusedz
"Otp?" He asked.
"One true pair! Aka you and Claire!" She said, pushing me closer to him. I stumbled into him and he caught me, making Izzy squeal before continuing on towards Clary and Jace.