Chapter Fourteen: Conner

(TW: not exactly smut but a just warning before hand, read at your own will)

Day 5
The next day Gar and Conner went out to 'protect the streets'. But later that night Gar came back alone.

"Where's Conner?" Cora asked.

"I messed up," Gar said running his finger through his hair.

Gar walked off then. Cora gave him some space for a little while but then she went to look for him.

She found him in the armoury room. Gar was sitting in one of the stands, trying to call someone.

"Something really bad happened and it's al, my fault. I need your help, so... Call me back, yeah?" Gar said and then he ended the voice call.

Cora walked over to him and sat down next to him and put her head on his shoulder.

They sat there in silence and Cora could tell Gar was sobbing quietly. She took her head off his shoulder and looked at him. He looked up and their eyes met each others.

They stared deeply into them and Gar's eyes found Cora's lips. He quickly looked back up at her. Then she leaned in slightly and so did he.

There lips came in contact with each other and they kissed. Gar leaned forward slightly and Cora had her back against the wall. There lips moved in sync.

Gar pulled apart and looked into Cora's eyes "Were you drinking?" He asked.

"Yeah, a bit," Cora admitted laughing. "Some were nice but most of them were bitter," Cora laughed even more and leaned her forehead against Gar's.

She grabbed Gar's neck and connected their lips. She controlled the entire kiss this time. She climbed on top of Gar and straddled his waist. His hands made their way under her ass.

This kiss was different for Cora. Jason's kisses were rough and passionate but Gar's one was sweet and emotional with meaning.

Gar pulled away from her and looked down. "Cora, you're drunk."

"No I'm not." Cora tried to kiss him again but he turned his head.

"I can't do this. Tomorrow you'll wake up and regret all of this," Gar explained to her.

"But I do want this. I've always wanted this. Ever since I met you," Cora said turning his head so he'd look at her. "I love you," Cora confessed.

Gar knew that this was actually Cora speaking and not the alcohol. He didn't hesitate to kiss her again. This time Gar took control. He slipped his tongue into her mouth as Cora moaned at the sensation.

Gar picked her up and brought her to his room not breaking the kiss. He slammed the door shut after him as they done what they've always wanted to do. For the first time in awhile Gar and Cora were happy.

————————————————————

Cora woke up the next day with her head in the crook of Gar's neck. She could smell his minty sent mixed with cologne. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at the sight of her.

"Good morning," Gar said.

"More like afternoon," Cora replied copying his joke from the other day.

"We should probably call Dick again," Gar said reminding them of reality.

"I'm sure he's okay, Gar. I mean he's Superman's and Alex Luther's son," Cora said optimistically.

"That's what I'm worried about," Gar replied.

Cora ran her hand through his green hair trying to relax him. She leaned in and kissed him deeply. Which he returned.

————————————————————

Gar and Cora were very worried and they watched the news for any updates on Conner. Gar kept calling Dick but he didn't answer.

"Security alert. Zone two. Downstairs entry," the robot voice said.

Gar and Cora quickly looked at the camera but there was no one there.

"Hello?" Cora asked.

"Who's there?" Gar said.

Then Krypto's head popped up. Gar and Cora quickly let him in. But he kept wanting to go out so Gar followed him while Cora watched the tower. Krypto lead Gar to Conner and he brought him back to the tower.

"Oh my god Conner," Cora said running up and hugging Conner as him and Gar walked into the room.

"Hey... you know they're gonna keep coming after me, right?" Conner explained.

"Let them try. This is my mess, not yours," Gar said getting some drinks out. "This is what the Titans do. We have each other's backs.

"So, where are they? The other Titans?" Conner asked.

"You know, maybe... I should do what Dick wanted me to do in the first place. Call in the big guns," Gar said pulling out his phone.

"We're gonna use guns?" Conner asked.

"No, it's just a metaphor," Cora explained. She grinned. "He's calling Bruce Springsteen."

"I'm calling Bruce Wayne," Gar corrected.

"Zone six. Unauthorised access," the machine voice said.

"What's that," Conner asked.

"Zone six is the roof," Cora explained with a frown.

Out of nowhere, the glass from the windows shattered. People in black armour came running in. It was Cadmus. They held up guns and told Gar, Cora and Conner to freeze. Gar and Cora put their hands in the air. One of the guys shot a cage at Krypto and he was trapped, whimpering.

Conner used his super speed and hit two guys at once. Gar disarmed one of the guys and Cora picked up one of their guns and threw it in their face. They kept fighting trying to get most of them.

Gar then turned into his tiger. He took one of them down. One of them was about to shoot Gar until Cora put him to sleep, mind controlling him. Two more guys came in and the shot tranquillisers at Gar. Cora was in the way though. She managed to stop all of them until they shot more. One went into her neck and two more went into Gar. They both fell to the floor unconscious. Cora blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Okay so they finally kissed. Part of the reason that it happened was because Gar was stressed and Cora was a little tipsy but they both did love each other's from the beginning. But now Cadmus might get in the way of there relationship. I have an idea of how I'm gonna end the series but I'm entirely sure yet.