Chapter Five: The Bomb

The next day, Dick has told everyone about Jason. Cora couldn't believe and needed some time alone. Hank had gone missing and it worried the group.

Gar walked into the Bat Cave. Cora and Conner were already in there chilling.

"Good morning, Mr. Logan. How can I help you?" the computer spoke to Gar as he put his finger print in.

"Send message to Bruce Wayne," he told the computer.

"No contact found."

"Bullshit," Gar said getting annoyed. Cora smiled at the boy. He never swore, well not as much as Jason anyway.

"Language, Mr. Logan," the computer told him.

"Would you prefer French?" Gar asked cheekily. "Record audio message."

"Ready to record."

"Hey, Bruce, this is Gar. I know you've got to be checking in from somewhere, because Batman wouldn't abandon the only family he has," Gar started trying to get Bruce to understand.

"You've got to come back to Gotham, man. They're saying Jason's alive. He needs your help. We need your help." Gar said finishing the message.

"You really think he is going to hear that?" Conner asked.

"Between sipping martinis, I figure he's got time," Gar shrugged. It's one thing Cora loved about him. He always thought on the bright side. He's a 'half a glass full' type of guy.

"Just under hours ago, we were kicking ass in San Francisco. Now the whole world has turned upside down," Gar spoke his mind.

"I don't understand it, either. But if Jason's alive, killing innocent people... we have to stop him," Conner explained. "That's what Titans do."

"Yeah, but, normally when we do it, we're not hunting down one of our own," Gar said. He still counted Jason as one of there's.

"I just hope we don't have to kill him," Cora said.

————————————————————

The afternoon went by and the Titans were still looking for Hank. Cora, Gar and Kory walked into the Bat Cave to find Hank on his knees.

"Oh, good. You found him," Gar said as they walked in. No one seemed happy. "Or not?"

They brought Hank over to a table to examine the bomb carefully. Blood was pouring from where the bomb was inserted.

"You went to talk to Jason by yourself?" Dawn asked slightly annoyed.

"Seemed like a good idea at the time," Hank said as he took in the pain from the bomb. "Just give me a shot of whiskey and get the damn thing out."

"I'm all for not touching that thing until we figure out how it works," Kory said thinking rationally.

"Conner, take a look inside and tell us what we're dealing with," Dick told him.

"Yeah. Whoa. This is pretty bitching," Conner said as he scanned the bomb.

Cora held back a laugh. She'd never heard Conner say that before but now wasn't the right time for laughing.

"Conner!" Dawn warned him.

"It has anti-retraction barbs that hold the device in place. Looks like it's embedded in the pectoralis major, right through to the aortic arch," Conner explaining but Cora didn't understand a word he said.