Chapter Eighteen

Here it FINALLY is! Almost at twenty chapters my loves! I'm sorry it took so long! See end notes for important new poll!

She was drowning. She didn't know which way was up and which was down. Her chest and lungs were burning with need. She opened her mouth and then...

She screamed. Loud, blood-curdling screaming. Her back arched off of the bed with the force of it.

Alec sat up in an instant, Magnus started beside him, looking up at him with bleary eyes that focused as he registered what the disturbance was. Alec grabbed a single arrow off the nightstand next to the bed and jumped up, wielding it like a sword as he rushed into Clary's room, he could feel Magnus right behind him as his eyes swept over every square inch of the room before he lowered the arrow, seeing that his sister was in no immediate danger. Rather, she was sitting up, tangled in her bedsheets, ebony hair plastered to her face in sweat, chest heaving and tears streaming down her now-pale cheeks. The color had drained from her face as she looked shell-shocked.

Alec set the arrow aside and rushed to her side. "Hey, hey. Shh. It was just a bad dream."

"Alec?" Clary gasped, her chest heaving as she took in air.

"Yeah. It's me. We heard you screaming." He looked back towards Magnus.

""Are you okay, Biscuit?" Magnus asked, gently.

"I, I Uh, was back at Lake Lyn. Underwater. Drowning."

"Well, you're okay now." Alec said, brushing the hair away from her face.

"Papa?" A little voice asked. "What's happenin'?"

Magnus stooped down to pick the little girl up. "Auntie Clary had a bad dream. But she's okay now."

Alec smiled at his boyfriend and daughter and turned back to his sister. He noticed that she was still shaking and crying. He stood and rounded the bed, sitting on the empty side.

"Madzie, do you want to sleep with Papa tonight? Daddy's gonna stay with Auntie Clary and we're gonna have a grownup talk."

Madzie nodded sleepily against Magnus' shoulder. Magnus winked at Clary before bringing Madzie over towards Alec and sitting on the bed so he could reach. Alec leaned forward and kissed Madzie on the top of her head. "I love you, baby girl." He cooed. He then leaned in and kissed Magnus on the lips. "Love you, baby."

"Love you too, darling." Magnus stood up and swept out of the room. "Love you, Auntie Clary." Was thrown over his shoulder.

Alec laid down on the bed pulling Clary down with him and tucking her into his side.

"Everything that happened, back at the lake, I can't get it out of my head." Clary told Alec as she rested her head on his bicep.

"Well, I don't blame you. It was pretty scary." Alec mumbled back to her.

"Jonathan is alive, and I still don't understand how Wesley calmed me down like that."

"Do you want to find your brother?" Alec asked her quietly.

"What are you talking about?" Clary asked lightly. "You're right here. Max and Jace are back at the Institute. Magnus is in the other room. I know where all my brothers are."

Alec pressed a kiss to her hair and stayed silent.

"What about Wesley? You know something, don't you?" Clary tilted her chin up so she could look at him.

Alec didn't answer, instead he began playing with her hair. Clary began to feel tired, and yawning she threatened him. "I'm not done with this. We're gonna talk about this later."