Chapter Fifty

EDITED 5/30/2020

LAST CHAPTER OF NOT BY BLOOD! THANK YOU ALL FOR GOING ON THIS AMAZING JOURNEY WITH ME, THE SEQUEL 'NOT BY CHOICE' WILL BE STARTING UP SOON, I'M GOING TO START EDITING THIS WORK FIRST.

------------------ DAY FIVE ------------------

Catarina had said that they were not going to resolve the issue of Alec's amnesia any time soon. Magnus had blown up, quite literally. The apothecary in the loft had scorch marks on the walls and the drapes had caught on fire. His eyes had unglamoured and had glared so intensely at Catarina that she had shrunk away from Magnus as tears rolled down his cheeks.

He didn't want to accept that he had lost his husband for who knows how long. He knew that he had let himself sink into his feelings a few times over the past few days, but he had never truly given up, he could never give up on his Alexander.

Thomas was still asleep in the master bedroom and Magnus was lounging in the living room, staring at the wall. He thought back on his time with Alec and wondered if he would ever get the pleasure of seeing him again.

That night that Alec had nearly jumped off of the roof, Magnus could still feel his heart beating against his chest painfully, even as Alec slept peacefully in his arms. Alec's head was resting against his chest, he was pressed against Magnus' side, Alec's heart beating against him, soothing Magnus slightly. Magnus had one hand pressed flat against Alec's back and the other was reaching across his body to stroke his lover's curly, black hair.

He tugged lightly on a strand of Alec's beautiful hair and he watched as a dopey smile curved Alec's luscious lips and he sighed happily. "M'gnus." He murmured, making Magus smile as well.

"I'm here, my love. I'm here." He pulled Alec further into his chest and pressed a kiss to his hair.

--------------------------------------------------

Alec hadn't wanted to leave Magnus that night after the Soul Sword Massacre, Magnus didn't blame him; after Alec had admitted his love for him, all Magnus wanted to do was take Alec home and to bed so he could have his way with him, whisper his love for him in his ear as Alec lay beneath him. But Magnus knew that there was something else they needed to do before.

So, when they got home, Magnus stopped Alec's wandering hands and put some distance between them. "Alexander, there is something I need to tell you." Magnus sighed, reaching out and holding Alec's hands in his own. "You might be angry with me."

Alec looked confused. "Magnus," He said, sounding very concerned. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Magnus smiled and allowed himself to step closer to Alec, reaching up and placed a hand on the side of his face. He tilted his head slightly and looked at Alec with a soft expression. "How much do you really know about Warlocks, darling?"

"What you've told me." Alec replied, "Not counting the lies that the Clave fed us."

Magnus nodded and ran his thumb back and forth over Alec's cheekbone. "Have you heard about Soulmates?"

Alec shook his head. "Those are real?" He asked.

Magnus nodded. "Every warlock has a soulmate, Alexander." He moved his hand down from Alec's face to his chest right over his heart.

He watched as Alec's face dropped slightly. "I'm not yours?"

Magnus grabbed Alec's waist with his other hand and pulled him closer. "The warlock knows the second they look into their soulmate's eyes. Imagine my surprise when I turn around after making the worst meat pun I'd ever made to look into the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen and know that I was looking at the other half of my soul."