Secrets

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have a horrid sinus infection right, plus school started to pile up.

The next couple of days leading to Thanksgiving had been going well. Clover got along with Hal better but unfortunately left her mother worrying about her again after she disappeared in the afternoon. Hal went to look for her but had to stop an alien invasion in Las Vegas.

"Why is this alien so persistent?!" Clover yells, slicing off tentacles.

"Tell me about it! It keeps trying to pull my hair!" Sam screams, killing a tentacle monster.

"Once everyone on Earth is connected to the Octo system, you'll be drones for life!" The humanoid octopus yells, cackling like a maniac.

"We get it, weirdo!" Alex screams, killing another tentacle monster.

A blast of green gunfire from the sky kills the humanoid octopus, and the tentacle monsters fall to the ground dead.

"So this is where you've been, Clover," Hal says, making Clover stand still.

Clover slowly turns her head and gives her stepfather a nervous smile.

"Hi, daa..ddy?" Clover says, looking at Hal glaring at her.

"You're mom's dating a Green Lantern, and you didn't tell us? As much as you love celebrity gossip!" Sam exclaims, playfully glaring at Clover.

"Not the time, Sammy," Clover says, stepping in front of her friends. "So, Dad, what are you doing here?"

"I went to find you because you disappeared a couple of hours ago. What are you doing fighting an alien invasion?" Hal asks, his arms crossed.

"Uh...observing the battle-"

"Don't lie. I already know you and your two friends are spies. What I want to know is who your employer is. Because I'm pretty sure you working for days isn't legal."

"He should be here any minute."

"Good job, girls-" Jerry says, a large hand wrapping around his body and brought to Hal.

"I don't know who you are, but if Clover comes back home with even a bruise on her skin, I'll beat you into tomorrow," Hal threatens, embarrassing Clover.

"Stepdad, stop it!" Clover says, beating on his back.

"Well! I'll be! I've never met someone so rude in my life!" Jerry exclaims, fixing his tie.

Clover presses her X-Powder to change into regular clothes and goes to her stepdad.

Hal flies Clover back to their house and opens the front door.

"Clover, where were you?" Stella asks, crossing her arms.

"I was with a boy," Clover lies, making Hal side-eye her.

"Oh, my dear Clover! Boy crazy as soon as she hit puberty," Stella laughs, walking into the kitchen to get the lunch she made for Clover. "So, which boy are you dating this week?"

"His name is Cameron. He has unique looks, and he's nice," Clover says, eating her pizza.

"Is it the same boy Hal found you with?" Stella questions, making Clover flush.

"Yes..."

"Well then, you'll have to bring him over for Thanksgiving since you spend so much time with him over the holidays."