Queen of the Nerds

A/N: This is what Alex's hair looks like after the pre-poo if anyone wants a reference photo.

"I can't believe we have to do a science fair project. Nerdfest much," Clover complains, opening her locker and taking her books home.

"Oh, don't be like that, Clover. The nerds here are different. At Bev High, the nerds were Silicon Valley computer guy Bill Gates geeks. Here, the geeks are like Bruce Wayne," Alex says, taking her broom earring off.

"Great, so instead of a shut-in nerd with braces that invents the next Discord or Omegle, we have nerds that are rich playboys and live in a gloomy mansion basement behind gates so the rest of the ghetto city won't come. Yeah, that sounds so hopeful," Clover vents, slamming her locker shut. "Where's Sammy?"

"You know her. She wanted to get a headstart on her project, so she's chilling in the library," Alex says, walking out of the school with Clover. "She said she'd be back by five."

~~~~~~~~

"I can't find anything I want to do for a project. Maybe I should do a makeup-themed project," Sam groans, closing another book.

Something kisses Sam's cheek, and it startles her.

"What was that?" Sam squeals, wiping her cheek.

"Sorry, I'm not used to other people staying in the library this long," A white boy with golden hair and green eyes says, sitting next to Sam. "My name's Leo, by the way."

"Ok, what are you doing here?" Sam asks, scooting her chair away to put some distance between them.

"I heard a fellow intellectual in need of help. Luckily, I know a section of the library that will end your project woes," Leo offers, getting up and gently grabbing Sam's hand.

Sam follows Leo against her better judgment and walks down the stone steps. The stone door slides shut, sealing Sam's screams within Gotham Academy's walls.

~~~~~~~~

"Finished!" Alex exclaims, closing her modern potion book.

"You finished your project that fast?" Clover asks, working on her all-skin tone shade foundation.

"Yep! My magical hair repair pre-poo will fix any damage to your hair. Now to test it!" Alex says, grabbing a large bowl of water and dipping her hair in it.

After five minutes, Alex's straight hair turns into wavy or straight at the ends coils. She takes a photo for the before slide, then applies the pre-poo to every follicle and waits for the best results. Alex washes the pre-poo out, and her hair dries into a healthy, somewhat short, 4a-4b afro. She takes a picture of her hair and saves it for her after photo.

"You look amazing, honeybun!" Klarion coos, suddenly hugging Alex.