Chapter 46

————— Percy's POV: —————

I walked down the hill, my shoes crunching in the snow quietly, my smile continuing on my face even as I walked away from the camp.

At the base of the hill was Jason, his helmet in hand as he looked up at me. He waved once he saw I was looking at him. My smile grew as I raced forward, using my powers to keep me from falling before I hit Jason's chest, his arms wrapping around me tight.

"Hey Perc, how're you?"

"Great." I said, squeezing him tighter for an instant before letting him go. He smiled as he handed me my helmet.

"Amazing, let's get you home." It was late for sure, and on the night before Christmas we were looking at a long trip home. I'd called ahead of time and offered to have Annabeth drive me home though really I was going to take Black Jack, but Jason had insisted he come get me. This year apparently he was going to just stay at Bruce's mansion overnight and spend the morning with everyone for Christmas before leaving to go to some parties. I was pretty excited not gonna lie.

I hopped onto the warm bike, Jason taking a seat in front of me as he brought the kickstand up.

With a rev, I looked back at camp, seeing Chiron in the distance. I waved off at him as we jolted forwards.

—————

We got home later then even I had expected. No lights were on in the house, and the only thing helping me see was the lamps outside and his headlamp casting a long yellow beam upon the house.

"Go ahead and get inside while I work on tucking this into the garage." I nodded as I hopped off the bike, leaving my helmet with Jason as I dug into my pocket for the key, something that made my heart bloom with love. It felt unreal that I had been accepted by people like this even still.

I heard the garage opening off to the side and the door clicked open. I walked inside quietly, assuming Jason was going to come in through the garage door I locked the front door behind me.

The house was much different at night, the only lights I could see now came from the Christmas lights that ran up and down the banisters in a brilliant display. I smiled, glad to be home. I waited until I heard Jason enter, I could barely see his figure heading up the stairs slowly. "Jace." I said quietly, startling him as he turned to look at me.

"Jeez Percy, warn a guy next time." He mumbled, I chuckled as I caught up and lightly pat his back.

"Don't be such a sissy, plus that was my warning." I could barely see Jason's dim smirk.

"What are they teaching you at that camp?" He asked sarcastically. I smiled and started walking up the stairs without him.

"A lot." I chuckled before bidding Jason goodnight. I ran up the stairs, trying my best to be fast yet silent as I made it to my room with max efficiency.

When I got inside I waited, in the meantime I brushed my hair, it was still messy from my helmet, I munched on some snacks I got from kids at camp, and I watched the window, watching the snow drizzle down lightly. When I believed it was time I turned to my closet and went inside. Sure, had I struggled finding a hiding place for everything, yes, it had been incredibly difficult and it was even harder knowing that Alfred came in and cleaned daily, whether I was here to find out or not. As I collected my various wrapped gifts though I was happy to find all of them undisturbed, my safety feature I'd planted to make sure they never were touched was all still intact. It was a small spot of tape placed on the bottom of my gifts, strong enough to rip the paper if someone were to mess with it.