|Chapter 21.| A Call To Arms.|

———————
|Chapter 21.| A Call To Arms.|
———————

The call went out over the GCPD late Sunday evening

The call went out over the GCPD late Sunday evening. A drug bust was going down tonight and a fire fight between the GCPD and Catalyst's thugs.

"Can the GCPD handle this?" Ellie asked as Barbara investigated the incident on the new Batcomputer in the Clocktower. "Or do I need to jump in?" a mass shoot out was more dangerous to the public caught in the crossfire.

Barbara brought up the footage of the shootout. Right near Crime Alley. The GCPD officers were pinned down behind their cruisers, twenty men baring down on them with automatic weapons.

"It appears the officers are in a spot of trouble" Alfred says to Ellie. "If we are to save the officers we must depart soon" Alfred started getting his field gear ready.

Ellie turned and started heading towards her Warbird suit in the glass case. She slowed down to stop when she remembered she was still trapped in her mother's body.

Ellie looked over to her mother. "Mom" Ellie told her mother. Constance looked in fear at the suit. "It's bullet proof, there is literally no way they can hurt you" Ellie informed her mother. "Just try to stick the landings" Ellie grumbled, fearing for her image.

"I can't go out in that suit. It might be your thing, but it's breaking the law" Constance knew it was a weak argument, she was scared of going out and being the target for the thugs and GCPD.

"Me and Alfred will have your back" Ellie informed Constance.

"The chemical you were both exposed to should start to degrade in your systems soon. You'll be back to normal before long" Barbara told the two Bishop women.

Both of the Bishop women would be glad to get back into their own bodies. Both of them were missing their own lives, and they had to be constantly with each other for the past two days so they wouldn't accidentally break their covers on their own.

Ellie watched as the GCPD officers were starting to be surrounded. "Mom these are your men. If we don't go now then they'll all be killed" Ellie appealed to her mother's sense of justice and duty. "These criminals are the same thugs you deal with everyday. You'll just be in a bulletproof suit this time" Ellie reasoned with her mother.

Constance didn't want to go out as Warbird.

Ellie sighed. "I'm sorry. It's not fair of me to ask you to do something you aren't comfortable with. I just wished there was more that I could do right now. I'm always on the front line and I don't like taking a backseat" Ellie took a seat next to Barbara.