|EXILE.| Chapter 35.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 35.|
———————

Valkyrie walked cautiously into the greenhouses at the Botanical Gardens

Valkyrie tried to not freak out at the sight of the moving plants around her, she could see plants slithering in the darkness, following after her. Valkyrie almost felt like she was being watched by the plants and trees. And Ivy obviously already knew Valkyrie was in the greenhouses.

Overgrowing plants infested the soil ran along the sides of the greenhouse, making a sort of pathway for Valkyrie to follow.

Valkyrie sees the large tree that the greenhouses were built around. It had been praised as the oldest living tree, it made sense Ivy would come here. The original Poison Ivy could learn things from the oldest plants, they whispered things to her.

And every plant is a weapon that Josie could use.

The soft ground sunk under Valkyrie's boot with every steps she took. Valkyrie felt the thick amounts of moisture in the air, good for plant growth. Lots of flood lamps. The perfect environment for plants to grow.

"You can come out of the shadows. I know you're here. You know I'm here" Valkyrie shouts out into the blind spots in the greenhouse. If she was controlling the plants, then she must be close by.

The shrill giggles echo around the room. And Valkyrie knew that laugh to belong to Josie.

"You're a clever girl" Poison Ivy's voice cackles out.

Ivy was stalking Valkyrie. Ivy was waiting for Valkyrie to make a mistake, and then she would strike. Josie was already smart, and Ivy only made her smarter. "It'll be fun to feed you to my plants".

Valkyrie had to scoff. Josie was never this confident, this was Ivy talking.

Valkyrie reaches the tree. Ivy had turned its bark into something harder than steel. Ivy would be able to level the city if she got control of this ancient tree, its roots ran so deep under Gotham, Ivy could cause earthquakes and the like with ease.

"The come and face me" Valkyrie challenged her friend. Valkyrie was willing to fight Josie, but she seemed to be taking the stealth approach. "Then again, I know that Josie is a little chickenshit, so I'm not surprised you're hiding" Valkyrie taunted Ivy.

The click of heels against the concrete draws Valkyrie's attention. Ivy walks around from the backside of the tree.

Valkyrie hated that Poison Ivy looked like Josie. The irises of her eyes were glowing luminous green. Her usually blonde hair was now copper red, and falling in natural waves. Vines and flowers were woven around her body, inter winding with the green romper that Josie was wearing.