|Chapter 48.| She Knows.|

———————
|Chapter 48.| She Knows.|
———————

Dick fell endlessly through the sky

Dick fell endlessly through the sky. He looked up to see Jason's hatred gleaming in his eyes, watching Dick, whom Jason had dropped from the roof of ACE Chemicals. Jason had easily outmanoeuvred Dick, beaten him, and that had never happened before.

Ellie and Luke watched in horror that Jason was still alive. Ellie screamed out as she watched Dick be thrown from the factory. She watched, waiting for Dick to wake up and grapple out of danger, but there was no such luck.

Dick was so close to the ground that he wouldn't be able to grapple away in time. He was flying through the air too fast, and Dick was too injured to be able to recover.

Jason watched in delight as the first part of his vengeance played out before his eyes. Damien had taught Jason how to immobilise an opponent by using their strength against them, and made Jason comfortable with killing without regret.

Dick was seconds away from colliding with the concrete, Connor zipped over at the last minute and caught Dick. Connor skidded along the concrete on his back, cradling Dick protectively in his arms.

The roof access burst open. Isabella and Constance charged out to help Dick, not knowing what had happened so far.

Jason turned around and locked eyes with Isabella. Both of them paralysed as they saw each other for the first time in nearly a year, well it was the first time Isabella had seen Jason, and it was the first time he had seen her without having to wear his mask.

"J-" Isabella began to mutter. Her legs went weak as she spotted the boy she loved. Dressed as the criminal that they were trying to bring down. Jason had been the one who tried to kill Bruce, and had tried to kill Dick also. "-Jason?" Isabella managed to find her voice.

Isabella fell to her knees. She had been brought to the point of breaking the past months, and now all of that was called into question again. Jason hadn't been dead, not the entire time. He was back in Gotham, and he had stayed away, he hadn't let her know that he was alive.

Constance didn't stand on sentimentality. Jason was hurting people, and she couldn't allow that.

Constance raised her gun, preparing to fire upon the boy she had once considered family.

"No" Isabella screamed, and she swatted the gun out of her mother's hand.

Jason didn't wait around. He dropped a flash bang that filled the area with intense light and sound, and blinded Isabella and Constance long enough to escape.