𝟎𝟎𝟒 Jason's Gone

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Ⅳ 𝒋𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆

HAZEL AND DAWN LIFTED HANK. Hazel let go once the elevator doors opened, letting his wobble his way forward with Dawn. "I'll get some gauze from the infirmary," Donna announced, turning down the hall.

"Donna, there are flowers, orange petals," Hazel called. "Crush them and sprinkle them over the burn. It'll heal in a few minutes." Donna nodded and continued on to the infirmary.

Hazel stepped away and pulled her jacket off. "You had a chance," Hank called to Dick.

"He would've killed everyone on the bus," Dick justified.

"And he's gonna kill how many more now?" Hank shouted.

"I'll get him," Dick assured.

"Maybe you've lost the taste for how this works," Hank continued.

"We'll get another shot," Dick snapped.

"The old Robin would've taken the first one," Hank argued.

"Hank. Hey. Hey," Dawn soothed, taking Hank's shoulder. "That's enough. Come on." Hank put his arm back over Dawn's shoulder and they walked off again.

"Where's Dr Light?" Jason cooed, walking from the hall, Gar, Rachel and Terran following him.

"Jason," Rachel said in a warning tone.

"Little stealth job on a guy who shoots, what, headlamps?" Jason continued, ignoring Rachel. "I mean, half the city's on fire and still no sign of Dr Light."

"Not the time, Jason," Dick warned.

"Look, I don't take orders from you anymore, man," Jason snapped, rushing forward to get in Dick's face. "I do what I want, when I want." Dick hung his head and tried to step around Jason, but Jason's hand shot out, pushing Dick back slightly.

"Get out of my way," Dick ordered.

"I think you got it all wrong," Jason sighed. "You're in my way. Yeah, and maybe you need to see a retirement package, huh?" Jason looked over his shoulder at the others and Rachel shook her head softly.

"Don't," Dick ordered in a low tone. Jason cracked his knuckles, balling his fist. He threw a punch at Dick but Dick grabbed him by the side of his head and threw him to the floor with a harsh thud.

The kids jumped slightly and turned their heads away.

"Shit," Dick cursed. "Here." Dick held his hand out to Jason. Jason slapped his hand away and pushed himself up. Jason huffed and shoved past Dick, smashing his shoulder against Dick's. Dick sighed softly and walked past the others.

"So I'm guessing it didn't go so well," Rachel hummed, looking up at Hazel.

"What gave you that idea?" Hazel chuckled, taking her jacket and walking back to her room.