𝟎𝟏𝟎 Demon Snake

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

Ⅹ 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒆

HAZEL LOOKED AT HERSELF IN THE MIRROR AND RAN HER HANDS ACROSS HER BLOOD-STAINED CHEEK. Hazel leant over a STAR Labs sink, using the water and the cleaner parts of her shirt to clean her face. In a slight panic, Hazel dropped her shirt into the small garbage can and splashed water on her face as she tried to wipe the blood off. Hazel closed her eyes, the sound of breaking bones and ripping flesh echoing in her mind making her stomach uneasy. She wiped down the sink and scrubbed her hands clean.

Gar knocked gently on the door making Hazel jump slightly. "Hey," Gar said softly, stepping closer. "You... okay?"

"Uh, yeah," Hazel nodded, drying her hands. "Yeah, all good."

Gar nodded softly, chewing on his lip. "Sebastion and Rachel are hanging in the safe room. Only six hours then we can focus on the Witch problem." Hazel nodded. "In the meantime, I found you a shirt."

Gar held out one of his graphic tee's with the Toei Animation logo and Hazel took it with a smile. "Thanks." Hazel pulled it on and Gar smiled.

"What... What happened back at the Asylum?" Gar asked, stepping closer. 

"I don't want to talk about it," Hazel whispered.

"I get we were under attack-"

"Please stop."

"-And what you did was pretty intense-"

"Gar, please."

"-And there was a lot of blood-"

"Gar stop!" Hazel yelled her lights cracking in her hands. She dropped her head, her hands gripping the edge of the sink so hard she thought she might break the porcelain. Her breathing picked up and her legs suddenly felt weak. It felt like the walls were closing in on her and the buzzing of the lights would make her ears bleed.

"Hazel," Gar called taking her hands. "Sit on the floor with me okay?" Gar knelt on the floor, pulling Hazel down to sit on the cold tile floor. Gar held onto Hazel's hands tightly as Hazel's panic continued. "Hazel I need you to look at me. Breathe with me," Gar said calmly. Despite the tight pull in her chest, Hazel breathed with Gar until her hands stopped shaking, and then Gar let go, brushing her hair back with one hand.

"Talk to me," Gar said softly.

Hazel took a shakey breath, "About what's happening?"

"No, anything else," Gar said, moving to sit properly. "Tell me about when we first met."

"What?"

"Just do it. What game were you playing?"

Hazle stammered for a minute, her mind racing. "Hitch- Hitchhiker lane," Hazel remembered. "I thought it was weird you came up to me, but you were cute and really nice. You had cool hair. And you helped me get a good score"